Role: ELK/Elasticsearch Engineer
Location: Irving, TX
• Designs, implements, and configures Kibana visualizations as required by the business.
• Configures Logstash, FileBeats, MetricsBeats and possibly other ELK Stack components to collect and the store the data necessary to meet business requirements efficiently.
• Consulting experience in the area of application support and log monitoring.
• Solve our customers’ most challenging data problems and lead the data analytics and log onboarding requirements.
• Strong customer advocacy, relationship building, and communications skills.
• Strong data analysis skills; ability to independently write scripts/code to parse and analyze complex data.
• Drive and work closely with ELK customer to deliver business value with less supervision.
• Excel at working directly with customers support teams to gather, prioritize, plan and execute solutions to customer business requirements as it relates to ELK technologies
• Foster an environment of trust, mutual respect, kindness, and accountability.
• Design, create, deliver, and support the deployment of Ansible automation as required for ELK and other technology stack such as AppyDynamics/ITRS.
• BS or MS in Computer Science and/or equivalent work experience required.
• Must have worked in ELK implementation project, and Logstash data parsing rules.
• Expertise in log monitoring standards.
• Experience in ELK stack or other logging / stats / visualization tools.
• Expertise in Log monitoring tools like Splunk, ELK, SumLogic, Loggly etc.
• Hands-on experience and an understanding of Elasticsearch and/or Lucene.
• MUST be able and willing to learn new technologies(Ansible) rapidly and independently.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Software Engineer, System Administrator, or Monitoring Engineer.
• Coding skills with at least one of the following – Python, Ruby (preferred) or Unix Shell.
• Experience in databases, Linux/Unix environment, software development, and/or experience with distributed systems.
• Experience and interest in delivering ELK solutions to customers.
• Experience working as individual contributor or lead with less supervision.
• You possess excellent practical judgment and know-how to effectively allocate your time when solving hard problems.
• Strong soft skills required for effective communication with business decision makers, colleagues, and others.
• Minimum of 3 years of programming proficiency required in any programming language.
• Familiarity with Java Log4j framework a plus.
• Familiarity with RESTFul API usage/development a plus.
• Working knowledge of both Windows and Linux operating systems a plus.