Position: Software Engineer
Location: Moline IL
Format: Contract (W2 ONLY)
Customer is a corporation that manufactures agricultural, construction, and forestry machinery, diesel engines, drivetrains (axles, transmissions, gearboxes) used in heavy equipment, and lawn care equipment and company also provides financial services and other related activities.
4+ years of experience in Data management field.
Experience with SQL
Experience in Extract Transform Load (ETL) tools and techniques
Experience in programming/software development
Knowledge of IBM Z/OS platform, JCL and SAS
Knowledge of SAP ALE data integration
Driving is not required for this position. Business casual dress code.
Works on a product team and supports product design by planning its work, coordinating with others, and writing and testing code to deliver moderately complex functionality on a complete product or significant portion of a product it supports. This level develops simple designs to solve well-defined problems with guidance from more senior team members. May assign, coordinate and review portions of the work to support personnel; Makes decisions within established guidelines subject to review by supervisors; Executes high level applications to more complex problems.
Description of the major duties performed in this job.
* Develops, codes, configures, and tests programs and systems.
* Evaluates and implements enhancement design solutions to improve cost, quality, and performance of software applications.
* Analyzes assignments and determines software specifications that must be fulfilled to achieve objectives.
* Executes necessary documentation, as directed, or needed.
* Collaborates with other relevant stakeholders and team members to ensure that features meet business needs.
* Follows industry-standard agile software design methodology for development and documentation.
Competencies, technical skills, formal education and relevant work experience critical for successful individual performance of essential functions.
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
Specialized skills, knowledge and abilities needed to perform the essential functions of the job.
* Excellence in verbal and written communication forms with emphasis on persuasive communication, tact and negotiation. (Has a good understanding of the principles and can independently use the knowledge.)
* Ability to analyze, translate, and define business requirements into technical solutions. (Has a good understanding of the principles and can independently use the knowledge.)
* Ability to apply engineering principles and concepts for designs. (Has a good understanding of the principles and can independently use the knowledge.)
* Ability to manage many competing priorities/requests in a fast-paced environment (Has a good understanding of the principles and can independently use the knowledge.)
Formal education or training required to perform the essential functions of the job. Includes degrees, certifications, licenses and/or registration requirements.
* Degree in an Engineering/Technology discipline or equivalent experience. (University Degree (4 years or equivalent))
* Degree in an Information Technology discipline or equivalent experience. (University Degree (4 years or equivalent))
Relevant work experiences:
Type and amount of experience necessary to perform the essential functions of the job. May include specific roles and/or an understanding of a particular function, organization, industry or product line.
* Previous experience in programming/software development. (1 - 3 years)
* Software development processes experience. (1 - 3 years)
* Participating in Agile Development (1 - 3 years)
* Experience working in an Agile Environment (1 - 3 years).
+1 732 944 0124 | firstname.lastname@example.org