The Uber Freight team is building a better future for shipping. We believe that when shippers and carriers have the freedom to move together, the entire industry moves ahead. The Design team is comprised of UX Research, UX/Product Designers and Comms Design. UX Research helps Uber Freight understand our customers, identify unmet needs of users, and verify the solutions we produce. The UX/Product Designer creates the solution that meets the business goal and makes sure to prioritize the customer. The Comms Design team is responsible for all the brand and marketing design of public-facing material.
About the Role
The Uber Freight User Experience Research team is seeking a talented UX researcher to support the Product and Design teams on Uber Freight applications and services.If you're a great researcher, comfortable in a high-velocity environment, and aren't afraid to take on the complex and long-established business of trucking and turn it into something thoughtful and magical, we want to hear from you!
What you'll do
- Identify knowledge gaps and define new research opportunities.
- Design and conduct generative and evaluative user research using qualitative (field observations, remote and in-person usability studies and interviews), and quantitative methods (surveys).
- Primarily a qualitative role; quantitative skill sets in addition to core qualitative competencies are welcome.
- Adapt and innovate research practices to meet team needs under the tight timeframes of a rapidly growing company.
- Collaborate closely with other researchers and cross-functional team members including designers, product managers, data scientists, operations, and engineers.
- Synthesize and communicate research findings to shape designs and inform product roadmap.
- Assist cross-functional partners in the learning of basic research tools and techniques.
- 3+ years of professional experience conducting and leading user research
- BA/BS degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Statistics, Psychology, Computer Science, Anthropology, Communications, Design, Information Science, Sociology, or equivalent practical experience
- Masters or Ph.D. in a related field to UX research
- Demonstrable ability to plan and conduct mid-to-large scale research projects, in close collaboration with people of different functions.
- Deep understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during various product phases.
- Ability to operate autonomously in a fluid, fast paced environment.
- Ability to clearly, concisely, and persuasively communicate research findings.
- Ability to travel within United States occasionally (contingent on health safety)
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.