About the Team
Financial Products Platform team builds the core technology that powers Uber's financial products like Uber Cash (digital wallet), gift cards, credit cards, etc. We build core services that move and track money at Uber scale with extremely high reliability. As a platform engineer, you will be lead building highly scalable and reliable services to support the entire range of financial products.
About the Role
As a backend engineer, you will be building highly scalable and reliable services to support Uber Cash as a payment service provider. You will help define the vision and architecture to support current and future needs of the product. You will work closely with the Money Platform team to support Uber Cash as a payment type for all Uber products.
What You'll Do
- Design and architect the next generation platform ensuring high reliability and low latency
- Build highly performant distributed systems
- Work with internal and external partners to build common abstractions that will work across a range of partnerships and products.
- Collaborate with legal, operations, risk and other cross functional teams to ensure that money movements are reliable, compliant and fully auditable.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- 2+ years of experience working in large-scale distributed systems
- Strong problem solving and coding skills
- Experience with developing, debugging, and shipping software products on large code bases that span platforms and tools
- Experience with Software Development processes such as design, planning, implementation, maintenance & documentation
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in cross-functional teams
- Passion for learning new technologies, domains, and challenging the status quo.
- Masters or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related discipline
- Expertise in one of the languages such as Java/Go
- Sound knowledge about database concepts such as transactions, indexing, concurrency
- Experience building high availability distributed systems
- Ability to decompose complex business problems and solve them
- Payment/finance experience is a plus, but not mandatory
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.