Job Title: Desktop Support
Location: Fridley, Minnesota
Hire Type: W2 Contract Job (Onsite Opportunity)
No. of positions : 5+
Start Date : ASAP
Duration : 6-12 Months
- Working knowledge and competency to perform hardware repairs on Laptops, Desktop, Workstations, and Printers.
- Understanding of Lotus Notes including ability to trouble shoot and resolve diagnosed issues on a computer
- Remedy software understanding, including the ability to pull up related site queue tickets and perform necessary updates on tickets. Ability to pull reports from Remedy to identify hardware asset and customer details.
- Trouble shooting competency, which includes the ability to problem solve hardware and software issues.
- Ability to communicate in a courteous and effective manner with customers, including timely contact and follow up.
- Self-motivated and able to prioritize work activities including customer support and other assigned activities.
- Ability to multi-task and have good time management skills
- Some locations may require tech to assist or lead support on manufacturing equipment (PCs & Printers). Dual role desktop support and manufacturing support
- On call requirements where employee participates in a weekly rotation with other members of the team to work and resolve High tickets after hours.
- Perform lead support role for identified buildings and will be assigned backup support role for another tech.
- Ability to work independently and utilize tools and resources (ex: knowledge base documentation and communications prior to reaching out to peers and technical lead)
- Physical abilities including: lift 60lb, and stooping down to setup or remove equipment.
- Reliable means of transportation to travel between sites, if necessary
- Each tech is required to provide own tools for performing work functions (ex: screwdrivers and / or pliers).
- Must speak English