SAIC is seeking an On-site Project/Integration Manager on the Horizon Program.
The Horizon Program serves the US Space Force and assists the Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) Special Programs Directorate (SMC/SP) in their mission to develop, deliver and sustain unrivaled space control systems and capabilities and equip US forces to gain, maintain and exploit space superiority for our nation. To support this complex and dynamic portfolio of next generation space control systems, Horizon is seeking cleared engineers across planning, development, integration and testing and deployment.
The On-site Project/Integration Manager will be based in and will be responsible for the following:
- Provide project management of customer facility modifications and integration management of payloads on launch systems for the various contract customer, including the Special Programs Directorate at the SMC.
- Lead/coordinate project management and launch integration activities based on sound engineering and acquisition practices
- Elicit/refine/coordinate customer requirements with host installation and development contractors
- Ensure designs fully support requirements and are consistent with customer budget, schedule, risk profile and organizational/system constraints
- Performs Project Management and Systems Engineering activities including: concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, systems integration, system & operational performance analysis, Lifecycle cost analysis & estimation, decision analysis, schedule analysis, etc.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into recommended approaches for integrating at the launch range.
- Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet customer needs, including present and future range use requirements.
- BS Degree and minimum of 14 years of related systems engineering experience in Launch Integration, Launch Site activities and/or Space and Ground Systems. A Master's Degree requires 12+ years and a PhD requires 9+ years of experience.
- Ability to recommend/make decisions on administrative or project work matters and ensures effective achievement of program, project, or organizational objectives
- Work proficiently on unusually complex technical problems and provide solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious
- Must be able to work independently.
- Requires an active TS/SCI clearance in JPAS or in-scope SSBI and with willingness to consent to a polygraph examination.