The United States Air Force’s 53rd Wing Technical Support Services (53rdWTSS) contract supports the 53rd Wing and 96th Test Wing, both headquartered at Eglin AFB, FL and having units CONUS-wide. The 53 WG is the focal point for the Combat Air Forces in electronic warfare and is responsible for operational test and evaluation of advanced equipment and systems. The 96 TW is the USAF’s test and evaluation center for advanced air-delivered weapons, navigation and guidance systems, and C2 systems. The 53rd WTSS team partners with military and civilian personnel to provide world-class IT technical support for the 53 WG and 96 TW missions. The 53rd WTSS IT support covers full lifecycle IT from concept, to deployment, day-to-day operations / maintenance, and culminating in system retirement / replacement / upgrade.
This position is located at Nellis AFB, NV. So, come join our team at Nellis AFB, NV. Nellis AFB supports advanced combat aviation training and testing. Its mission is accomplished through an array of aircraft, including fighters, bombers, refuelers, and aircraft used for transport, close-air-support, command-and-control and combat search-and-rescue. An awesome mission set and all located close to the Las Vegas Strip and countless entertainment and sight-seeing opportunities.
Jacobs is seeking a qualified systems administrator to support the 53rd WTSS contract. The successful candidate will be working in a fast-paced, highly-technical, and award-winning area that requires a strong work ethic with a well-rounded server, networking, information assurance (IA), and client systems background. The successful candidate will identify, prioritize, and resolve reported customer issues and problems. Day-to-day, the successful candidate will serve as the on-site expert for:
- Determining hardware, software, and systems specifications, and configuration requirements.
- Execution of the patching, fixing, and making all assigned systems compliant.
- Planning, installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of Microsoft Hyper V, Microsoft Server 2008 R2, Server 2012 R2, Server 2016, and client products across multiple networks.
- Provide support to users in the areas of account management, enterprise applications, desktop applications, and peripherals.
Required Education and Experience:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience designing, deploying, and maintaining Windows 2012/2012R2 systems, AD, DHCP, DNS, NTP, CA, GPO, and related core infrastructure components in an enterprise environment.
- Strong knowledge of supporting MS tools (WSUS, SCDPM, SCOM).
- Experience deploying and maintaining Microsoft Failover Clustering.
- Experience deploying and using System Center Virtualization Manager to manage multiple Hyper-V host clusters.
- Experience working with SVMs (Storage Virtual Machines), LIFS (Logical Interfaces), RAID DP, Aggregates, and Volumes.
- Active / Valid DoD TS/SCI-eligible clearance (i.e. DCID 6/4 eligibility); applicant must maintain clearance in active/valid status
- Clearance investigation close date must be no older than 5 years, 6 months at the time of application.
- Must be willing to submit to, and be able to pass, a CI polygraph.
- Active / valid DoD 8570.01-M IAT-II certification; applicant must maintain currency of same.
- Practical experience configuring and implementing CIFS/SMB3 and NFS protocols Scripting and/or programming (Power Shell, VB Script or other).
- Practical experience identifying and implementing automation opportunities to eliminate repetitive tasks.
- Practical experience with Microsoft Server virtualization deployment and maintenance; specific experience with Hyper-V servers and guests is highly desired.
- Practical experience implementing MS SQL server solutions.
- Practical experience with System Center Operations Manager.
- Good understanding of basic networking (routing/switching/ VLANS/firewalls.)
- Practical experience working with 3rd party vendors during development/ troubleshooting.
- Practical experience developing documentation.
- Work site is located at Nellis AFB, NV.
- Office setting that includes sedentary physical effort. However, may include lifting of weight up to thirty (30) pounds
- No unusual hazards nor unusual environmental conditions on job site
- The DoD and USAF have implemented specific COVID-19 mitigation measures and contract employees must comply with established guidance.
- Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
- Position may require typing, and reading from a computer screen.
- Must have sufficient mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner.
- Due to parking availability and location of work, walking moderate to long distances may be required.
Equipment and Machines
- Ability to operate office equipment such as personal computer, printer, copy machine, telephone, fax machine and other equipment including desk supplies and other work related tools as required.
- May require installation/removal of network equipment, cables, and related materials.
- This position supports an operational work center providing 18 hours/day coverage during the standard Monday-Friday work week. Shift work will be required on a rotational or permanent basis as determined by mission needs.
- Regular attendance of scheduled hours is extremely important, but not critical, except for deadlines and meetings.
- Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines.
- Must exhibit flexibility of work hours to adjust to surge situations based on critical mission requirements.s.
Other Essential Functions
- Must be able to work assigned shift on either rotational and/or permanent basis.
- Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with strong, diverse personalities.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, including ability to manage multiple activities, and tasks simultaneously.
- Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers.
- Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to employees or others.
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner.
- Independent personal transportation to work site is required.
- Travel to and from customer's locations may be required to support projects. This may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can possibly be made for POV, if necessary. When operating any vehicle for work purposes, must wear seat belt and in addition, no cellular devices are to be used when vehicle is in motion.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Jacobs does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by country, regional, or local law.
: United States-Nevada-Nellis AFB-20312-SIS-17
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Aug 25, 2020, 12:34:30 AM
: Information Technology
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Nellis AFB 89115
Capabilities: Aerospace Technology and Defense Programs and Facilities