Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
The Assistant Resident Construction Engineer will have the essential duties and responsibilities which will include the following:
• Supervise construction on civil construction projects and provide quality assurance that completed work is in compliance with the plans and specifications.
• Maintain accurate records and reports related to the project.
• Act as point of contact and coordinate directly with general contractor and participate in development of change orders.
• Monitor progress against accepted construction schedule and review the Contractor’s progress reports. Assess the progress and inform the Resident Engineer and client in case of delay.
• Assist and monitor the performance of Construction Inspection and Office Engineering staff.
• Oversee field site activities and provide technical advice on construction and design.
• Discuss deviations from specified construction materials and procedures with Engineer-of-Record.
• Regularly review contract submittals and payment applications to contractors.
• Participate in contract close-out activities.
• Participate in regular progress meetings with the contractor and appropriate personnel and report on any issues, as necessary.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management or a related field required
• 2+ years of direct heavy Civil Construction desired
• Experience in inspection heavy civil projects, including a background in both field inspection and office engineering.
• Experience with locally administered Federal Aid project experience preferred
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to read and interpret contract documents and construction plans and specifications.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Strong time management skills and excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to effectively manage project team members. Must be very organized and have effective problem solving, leadership and negotiation skills.
• Ability to work on multiple projects/deadlines.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
• Physical Requirements of this position include:
The position requires the employee to work in potentially dangerous surroundings, sometimes in inclement weather conditions including rain. They must have the ability to lift to 50 pounds, walk and stand for extended periods of time.This position may require the regular operation of a motor-vehicle, which may require remaining stationary for extended periods of time.
Essential Functions: Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting. Lifting requirements limited to 20 lbs. in the form of supplies, drawings, etc. Longest distance carried of 50 feet. Hand manipulation is required for simple grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or left hands utilized. Occasional need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, for supplies, as well as below the shoulder for same. No foot controls necessary. Must be alert to equipment in the field, there will be occasional travel, will work near construction job site equipment when in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity, and potential work at heights.
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-Tempe-US AZ Tempe - W Fountainhead Pkwy
Job Posting: Sep 2, 2020, 11:13:38 PM
Job: Project Management
Job Type: Experienced
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
US AZ Tempe - W Fountainhead Pkwy
1501 W. Fountainhead Pkwy Suite 401
Capabilities: Transit and Rail