Jacobs is looking for a Junior Security Engineer to provide Onsite support in Woodlawn, MD.
A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate some experience in the following areas:
• Participation in the planning, tracking, scheduling, and executing of project
tasks and general Security Engineering operations activities.
• Developing solutions and configuring tools to ensure reliable operation for
business objectives and processes.
• Administering and maintaining site infrastructure, including network
connectivity, software patching and systems operability.
• Diagnosing, resolving, and documenting problems in a timely and accurate
• Basic troubleshooting of network and systems-related issues.
• Operating and maintaining a virtual infrastructure.
• Operating and maintaining security tools.
• Installation and maintenance of site network and security equipment
• Supporting the definition of network architecture, evaluation of products,
and implementation of new technologies into the network.
• Ensuring that all network technologies comply with industry standards
(PCI, SOX, etc..)
• Keeping documentation up-to-date and accurate.
• Delivering assigned operational and project commitments to customers,
utilizing the entire customer team as necessary and as agreed upon with
the Project Lead.
• Ensure solutions are meeting expectations in accordance with defined
policies, standards, and security best practices.
• Optimizes performance by researching software and equipment.
• Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and
• Proven teamwork skills
• Ability to take responsibility and initiative
• Strong communications and technical skills
• 1-3 years of networking and/or computer security experience
• 1-3 years of VMware or virtualization Experience (ESXi, VDi, etc)
• Working knowledge of LAN, WAN, and security
• Knowledge of Splunk
• Network and/or host based security tools
• Solutions integration (DoD, government, commercial)
• A strong enthusiasm for technology
• Knowledge of Windows and Linux
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
Primary Location: United States-Maryland-Woodlawn-20364-WDM2
Job Posting: Sep 14, 2020, 11:27:53 PM
Job: Information Technology
Job Type: Experienced
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Capabilities: Cyber Security