SAIC is seeking a seasoned Principal Software Systems Engineer to contribute to a small team assisting the US Air Force in prototyping and maturing scalable architectures for mission systems that attain, protect, integrate, analyze, visualize, and disseminate a wide variety of mission data. This role involves creative and technically sound discovery, evaluation, and integration of cutting-edge technologies that will help solve some of the most pressing operational challenges facing our armed forces.
Responsibilities may include:
- Evaluating operational and technical requirements and specifications
- Designing and securing software components and data structures
- Testing, integrating, and deploying software components in a 24/7 production environment;
- Performance analysis
- Success in this role requires consistent delivery of functionally and operationally sound products in a fast-paced, cohesive team environment.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Data Science, Mathematics, Engineering or other relevant technical field; or eight (8) years of experience with a Master’s Degree.
- DoD Security+ or CISSP training certification
- Strong development skills in Java, with demonstrated architect-level experience.
- Experience with multi-threading, event-based software architectures, queue technologies (e.g., Kafka) and asynchronous event handling
- Professional track-record of implementing enterprise solutions with strict availability, concurrency and low latency requirements
- Significant hands-on experience and fluency in data storage solutions (Amazon RDS, Document stores, graph store, Hadoop) and an understanding of when to use them
- Strong understanding of both front-end and back-end technologies that support Data-as-a-Service (DaaS)
- Knowledge of applied security concepts (authentication, authorization, protocols), including Military CAC authentication.
- Experience with Java build systems (Maven, Gradle)
- Familiarity with cloud-based concepts and the AWS component stack
- Must hold a DoD/IC Top Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility.