- Advanced experience in operating water/wastewater treatment plants
- Certification at a level required by the State in which the project is located
- Basic understanding of computer software including Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to enter data into a maintenance management system
- A valid driver’s license with no major infractions
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
- A current, or working towards obtaining, an intermediate level water/wastewater treatment certification
- Familiarity of the principles and practices of water/wastewater treatment plant operations, valves, pumps, and motors
- Safe work practices
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
Safety is a core value at Jacobs. We are committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for all employees. This position will spend a substantial amount of time performing safety sensitive labor or services. Due to the nature of the job passing a Fitness for Duty testing is required to ensure candidates for this position are physically and functionally fit to perform the essential physical work functions of this safety sensitive position without posing a direct threat to the health or safety of themselves or others.
The physical and environmental demands required to perform the essential duties of this position include standing, walking, sitting, coordination, balance and agility demands, which may include the ability to stoop, kneel, squat, grasp, reach, perform repetitive hand movements. Additional demands may involve a specific level of dexterity, grip strength, climbing and cardiorespiratory demands. The work areas may be indoor, outdoor, have loud noise, active machinery, high pressure fluid systems, electrical equipment, confined spaces, heights and depths, fumes, air borne particles, noxious gases, and chemicals. The use of appropriate safety equipment will be mandatory in these areas to prevent hazardous contact.