The Distribution Manager will be responsible for managing Illumina’s cGMP Warehousing and Distribution Operations including Kitting and Packaging for Instrument Manufacturing and Spares. Responsibilities will include collaboration with Manufacturing, LCM (Life Cycle Management team), Quality, Global Information Systems, Customer Service, NPI, managing our non-conforming materials process, managing new product introductions and other areas to be assigend across our Northern California Instrument Manufacturing & Distribution locations based from our Hayward Distribution Center. Drive results while managing a team of 10-15 reports, improve transaction quality (SAP), productivity and the cycle time of our functions to improve inventory management, manufacturing efficiency and operational excellence. Responsible for Warehouse safety, ISO, MDSAP compliance, and support to our global distribution network. Responsible for customer centric collaboration with internal and external partners to improve the customer experience for business partners including carriers, 3PLs and Service Providers.
- Responsible for the tactical operations of the Hayward and Foster City based Materials Management teams for our Instrument Manufacturing Distribution Warehouse.
- Collaborate with Planning, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Quality, Regional and Global counterparts and stakeholders, Shipping and Trade Compliance to drive Operational Excellence and develop a distribution team to meet stakeholder requirements and expectations
- Support Cycle Counting / Inventory adjustments for 3 NorCal warehouse locations, be Subject Matter Expert in Inbound, Outbound, Manufacturing, non-conforming materials, PLM, functions on SAP.
- Build and develop a highly effective & engaged team
- Build a great team, deliver exceptional results, create a compelling vision and be a champion of the Illumina Culture.
- Lead efforts to drive continuous improvement to delivery process – driving high customer satisfaction & lowering operating costs
- Lead efforts to improve and maintain on time delivery in excess of 98%
- Ensure internal distribution & 3PL SOP’s / WIs are current, effective and individuals are trained
- Ensure that the Distribution organization is compliant with the Quality Management System, Good Manufacturing/Distribution Principles, MDSAP & ISO 13485.
- Extensive knowledge/experience in Distribution Operations supporting a Manufacturing Environment.
- Comprehensive, hands on knowledge of distribution & warehousing processes, controls, safety and best practices
- Comprehensive knowledge of Logistics, domestic and international, modes, practices and policies
- Comprehensive knowledge of SAP / ERP systems and best practices
- Strong knowledge & experience of medical device regulations as applied to logistics
- Strong knowledge & experience with Cold Chain controls
- Strong knowledge of Trade Compliance Regulations
- Strong knowledge of Lean Manufacturing & Continuous Improvement Principles
- Strong knowledge of business systems, data management and Microsoft office
- Strong knowledge of ISO 13485 and GMP/GDP systems, applications and policies
- Strong Knowledge of Mircosoft Office Applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Word & Outlook)
- Familiarity & understanding of SAP ERP, WMS, GTS and Processweaver
- Uses an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness to develop and/or apply highly advanced concepts, principles, standards, or techniques to solve challenging business problems
- Ability to lead & develop a diverse team in a fast paced environment
- Ability to exercise sound judgement within established guidelines
- Requires Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in related field
- Managers at this level may become involved in day-to-day activities where their acquired expertise and knowledge provide focus to subordinates.
- Uses interpersonal skills to influence customers, suppliers and other comparable level managers.
- Typically has 7+ years of direct work experience, with 1-3 years of Management experience
All listed requirements are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
At Illumina, we strive to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace by cultivating an environment in which everyone contributes to our mission. Built on a strong foundation, Illumina has always been rooted in openness, collaboration, and seeking alternative views and perspectives to propel innovation in genomics. We are proud to confirm a zero-net gap in pay, regardless of gender, ethnicity, or race. We also have several Employee Resource Groups (ERG) that deliver career development experiences, increase cultural awareness, and demonstrate our collective commitment to diversity and inclusion in the communities we live and work. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you require accommodation to complete the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf