9th Way Solutions has a contingent opening for a Data and Reporting Analyst to join our team supporting the Department of Transportation. You will be responsible for collecting, interpreting, analyzing, and presenting and/or reporting on results using statistical methods. Acquire data from multiple data sources and maintain resulting databases, data warehouses, and/or data lakes. Develop and implement data collection systems, organize data to efficiently normalize and attain accurate results. Turn data into information, and information into shareable knowledge and business insight via a visually positive user experience. Design and build presentations, reports, dashboards, and other visual representations of the data for executives, stakeholders, service area owners, and the general user community.
- Provide identification, collection, definition, maintenance, search, reporting, and dashboard capabilities from data gathered across IT service, asset, configuration, and event monitoring systems.
- Support the compilation, analysis and submission of contract and customer requested IT service reporting.
- Able to facilitate requirements, design, test, change request and implementation activities related to the maintenance and improvement of data sets.
- Collect, analyze, and report on IT service level metrics and key performance indicators.
- Apply multiple test scripts to check for “clean” data, data accuracy and normalization.
- Monitor service performance, interpret trends and pattern in complex data sets, and identify improvement opportunities.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Highly motivated, self-directed and responsible contributor.
- Effective communicator and relationship builder.
- Ability to ascertain information about current organizational IT practices, systems, and their interrelationships, and how data is used to attain technical, organizational, and service performance insights.
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
- Familiarity with using Office 365, Dynamics, and/or Azure platform tools to perform data and reporting functions preferred.
- Prior experience utilizing data from BMC Remedy, T-Metrics (ACD), Solarwinds, (Event Monitoring), Microsoft SCCM (Patch and License Management), and/or BigFix (Security Monitoring) to providing meaningful IT service output also preferred.
- 8 years experience in database design and data analytics field or Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management, Business or Statistics with 6 years experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience supporting IT services.
- Ability to obtain and maintain the required security clearance.
- Must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S.
- Holds 1-2 technical certifications related to database design and/or data analysis preferred.
Position may be open to remote location and telework flexibility. Regular on-time attendance is an essential function of this position. 9th Way Solutions reserves the right to adjust work location based upon mission requirements.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
9th Way Solutions
9th Way Solutions is an emerging Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) committed to working with our clients to provide next-generation, results-oriented technology—on time and under budget—in health I.T., infrastructure design and build, cybersecurity, cloud solutions, and data analytics. To learn more about 9th Way Solutions, our benefits, and other career opportunities, please visit our website.
9th Way Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. To request a reasonable accommodation or inquire about the physical requirements or work conditions, contact email@example.com.