What you’ll be doing...
The IP Edge Network Design and Architecture team within the Verizon Network Technology and Planning organization is looking for an experienced, self-motivated Senior Level Routing / Switching Engineer with a diverse background in both traditional routing architecture, as well as in depth knowledge in the SDN, VNF routing/ switching environment. As a distinguished member of technical staff, you will be setting the strategic direction for the edge network evolution as well as developing/ authoring detailed network designs for downstream engineering/ operations teams to deploy. Working with select vendors on evolving technologies and next generation solutions to keep Verizon service relevant in the market place in the fast moving and quickly evolving networking industry. Proactive technology research, industry trend analysis, and developing next generation network architecture using modern networking technology and providing production deployable solutions are key functions of the team.
- Architecting and developing network environment for support of the CLOS modular routing fabric.
- Designing and deploying of the overlay network controller that will provision the network fabric infrastructure.
- Perform detailed evaluation and validation of new technologies and networking solutions for both physical and virtual network architectures.
- Hands on command line configuration development for routing and switching platforms in the core, edge, and far edge network fabrics.
- Translate command line configuration into automation and scripting technologies.
- Technical writing in developing design documentation for downstream Engineering and Implementation teams.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience in networking technology.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional or Juniper Network Certified Professional
- Experience with network protocols, (BGP, ISIS, MPLS, Segment Routing, VXLAN, EVPN).
- Experience with network management protocols, (SNMPv3, NETCONF/YANG, OVSDB, OpenFlow, ODL).
Even better if you have:
- MS, or PhD degree in Computer Science or EE with modern data communication technology discipline.
- Ability to write configuration and deploy Cisco Systems, Nokia, Juniper OS router/ switching architecture.
- (CCIE) Cisco Certified Internet Expert or Juniper Network Certified Internet Expert
- Five or more years of networking design and deployment experience.
- Background working in UNIX/ Linux environments.
- Experience with scripting languages, (PERL, PHP, Python).
- Experience with cloud management technologies (OSP, VMWare).
- Experience with container-based platforms (Kubernetes, Docker).
- Experience using source code control systems (Stash/GIT/GitLab).
- Experience in an Agile development environment as part of a team of engineers, developers and testers.
- Experience with Linux automation/script development (Ansible, Bash.)
- Experience with Linux virtualization environments/technologies (KVM, OVS, containers) and container scheduling/management platforms (Docker, Kubernetes.)
- Experience with open source logging and reporting solutions (Logstash, Elasticsearch, Kibana, Grafana, Splunk.).
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.