Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We’re the company behind the world’s fastest satellite internet service, with technology that’s helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We’re looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You’ll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in the pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world’s first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
Viasat is looking for a hands-on systems architect to drive end-to-end solutions for content delivery within Viasat’s global satellite network. You are capable of taking complex problems and describing them clearly to a diverse audience and designing a solution that decomposes the challenge into smaller, simpler pieces that result in a robust, cost-effective system that meets stakeholder needs while being easily maintained in production at scale. You ensure your understanding of the problem and its context is complete by pro-actively researching and interacting with people throughout the organization. You are eager to learn new things while applying your previous experience and knowledge to bring the best solution for all stakeholders.
• Deep knowledge of HTTP Streaming (HLS and DASH)
• Technical experience and active involvement in the CDN industry
• Understanding of edge caching and its interaction with content providers and video players
• Experience with Virtualization and Cloud technologies
• Excellent written and oral communication and consensus-building skills
• BS CS/EE or related work experience
• 8+ years of experience in networking/telecom/content delivery industry
• Understanding of media delivery workflows
• Understanding of reliable UDP Protocols
• Working knowledge of multicast including IGMP and PIM
• Working knowledge of HTTP-based API development
• Experience with nginx, varnish, or apache
• Experience with peering technologies
• Experience with Linux server application development
• Experience working effectively in Agile Scrum teams
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here