Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We’re the company behind the world’s fastest satellite internet service, with technology that’s helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We’re looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You’ll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world’s first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
As a Secure Enterprise Applications Engineer, you will engage with the customer’s engineers and provide recommendations for network management, technical specifications, network design associated with relevant Viasat products and functions, integrate new capabilities, hardware and firmware upgrades, etc. to align short and long term technology roadmaps. You will also operate as a direct management link between Viasat and the customer ensuring proper issue escalation, and communicating / collaborating with Viasat developers and Sr. managers for rapid issue response, resolution, and long term improvement of Viasat products, facilitate accreditation of Viasat network management tools on DoD networks and support Viasat’s advanced secure network equipment and management software, including provisioning, installation, device configuration, management tool installations, and direct support to the customer’s enterprise-class network. Additionally, you will perform research and evaluation of current and emerging technologies in the cloud and data transport field and identify strategic opportunities for COTS/GOTS/Custom solutions and future developments to improve the customer’s network infrastructure and meet or exceed evolving system requirements.
This position is contingent upon contract award.
• 5+ years' experience analyzing Information Assurance systems in unclassified and classified environments for compliance and planning, analyzing, documenting, and reporting activities associated with the system security accreditation and authorization (A&A) process
• Proven knowledge of the complexities with overarching network security requirements (e.g. information security INFOSEC and communications security COMSEC)
• Demonstrated experience with SQL database administration and Microsoft Active Directory
• Proven experience with Linux / UNIX, Windows applications, VMware, enterprise-class device management tools, and/or various software automation scripting or programming languages such as Python, JSON, TCL, and Matlab
• Working knowledge of DISA STIGS, ATO, and IATO processes and procedures.
• Experience in an IA or C&A related field - Satisfies provisions of CNSS no. 4016 (Risk Analyst)
• Proven verbal and written communication skills on complex technical and business matters
• Bachelors in STEM-related field - Math, Physics, Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent related experience
• US Government position. US Citizenship required
• Active DoD Secret Clearance
• Ability to travel up to 25%
• Information System Security Engineering Professional (ISSEP) certification
• Experience with JabaScript and associated frameworks
• Demonstrated experience in the field of network administration or network engineering with an understanding of OSI Layer 2 / 3 networking or adjacent technologies
• Familiarity with enterprise data transport or cloud network infrastructures, access points, or other relevant high availability near real-time networks
• Working knowledge of associated Layer 2 / 3 networking protocols and security, e.g. TCP/IP, OSPF, EIGRP, MACsec; SDN Controllers, Rest APIs, OpenFlow, network encryption modes, user authentication, key management, COMSEC / INFOSEC
• Experience with common test and analysis equipment, e.g. network sniffers, network traffic generators, LAN/WAN simulation equipment and light level meters
• Experience in the field of network administration or network engineering with an understanding of OSI Layer 2 / 3 networking or adjacent technologies
• Experience in the operation of high availability (99.999% uptime) networks
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here