- Establish and own Strategic directions & goals for the Distribution Center team and 3PL partner to meet Manufacturing and Customer requirements
- Own the tactical management and development of the local Distribution team
- Collaborate with Manufacturing, LCM, HQ, Customers, Commercial Ops, Supply Chain, Quality and Trade Compliance to develop and build out distribution processes to meet stakeholder requirements and expectations
- Drive Customer Experience improvements around Supply Chain by closely collaborating with internal and external customers
- Build, lead and develop a highly effective, safe operating & engaged team
- Setup, manage, change and optimize local 3PL operations and performance
- Lead efforts to drive continuous improvements to the delivery process – driving high customer satisfaction & lowering operating costs
- Lead efforts to improve and maintain on time delivery in excess of 98%
- Ensure internal distribution & 3PL SOP’s are current, effective and trained to.
- Ensure that the Distribution organization is compliant with the Quality Management System, Good Manufacturing/Distribution Principles, MDSAP & ISO 13485.
Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive list, of the usual duties associated with the position. Changes to individual responsibilities may occur due to business needs.
- Strong knowledge/experience in warehousing, global distribution, supply chain, and manufacturing support (Kitting) in a cGMP environment.
- Ability to lead & develop a diverse team in a fast paced environment
- Experience managing 3PL operations and multi-site operations
- Comprehensive, hands on knowledge of distribution & warehousing processes, controls and best practices.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Logistics, domestic and international, modes, practices and policies
- Comprehensive knowledge of SAP, WMS, TMS and GTM systems and best practices
- Strong knowledge & experience of medical device regulations as applied to logistics
- Strong knowledge & experience with Cold Chain controls
- Strong knowledge of Trade Compliance Regulations
- Strong knowledge of Lean Manufacturing & Continuous Improvement Principles
- Strong knowledge of business systems, data management and Microsoft office
- Strong knowledge of ISO 13485 and GMP/GDP systems, applications and policies
- Strong Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word & Outlook)
- Familiarity & understanding of SAP ERP, WMS, GTS and Processweaver
- Uses an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness to develop and/or apply highly advanced concepts, principles, standards, or techniques to solve challenging business problems
- Ability to develop, review & negotiate 3PL contracts
- Ability to exercise sound judgement within established guidelines
All listed requirements are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
At Illumina, we strive to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace by cultivating an environment in which everyone contributes to our mission. Built on a strong foundation, Illumina has always been rooted in openness, collaboration, and seeking alternative views and perspectives to propel innovation in genomics. We are proud to confirm a zero-net gap in pay, regardless of gender, ethnicity, or race. We also have several Employee Resource Groups (ERG) that deliver career development experiences, increase cultural awareness, and demonstrate our collective commitment to diversity and inclusion in the communities we live and work. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you require accommodation to complete the application or interview process, please contact email@example.com. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf