All About You
We are looking for a Manager to lead our growing regional team of Clinical Sales Specialists in the Southern US. This role will report to the Clinical Sales Director, with approximately 5 direct reports. S/he will drive Illumina’s clinical commercial strategy by ensuring budgeted annual clinical sales and profit objectives are met within the region and aligning on execution with the Account Management teams.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Develop, implement and monitor of the regional business plan to meet both the revenue and strategic goals related to the clinical market.
· Contribute to the establishment of territory quotas and achieve the quarterly and annual sales and profit plan as assigned.
· Ensure a high level of integration with other departments- District Sales teams, Marketing, Service and Support- to achieve alignment of common goals.
· Routinely forecast, monitor, and control selling and other expenses for the region within assigned expense budgets.
· Routinely and accurately forecast customer demand (i.e., product quantities and dollars, orders, shipments).
· Possess a deep understanding of the healthcare landscape including hospital finances, payors, patient outcomes and regulatory environments.
· Lead the internal clinical message at Illumina and provide subject matter expertise in this area.
· Develop new clinical markets and deliver share from existing technology.
· Coordinate and/or supervise technical/sales/administrative training for the clinical sales specialists.
· Align with internal clinical partners to create consistent messaging pertaining to Illumina’s clinical vision and drive a unified field team to effectively communicate this to the field and customer base.
· Ensure that sales staff achieves their forecasts, follows company guidelines/practices/policies, and provide timely development plans to correct for underperformance.
· Ensure that Illumina’s commitment to customer satisfaction is performed, delivered, and constantly improved.
· Create a sense of urgency and drive accountability within the regional team to meet both financial and strategic goals.
· Monitor, assist, set standards, and evaluate the team performance utilizing Illumina’s performance management tools.
· Responsible for the recruitment, development, retention and management of the clinical sales specialists within the greater region.
· Responsible for ensuring Salesforce.com (SFDC) is completely utilized, updated, and compliant with company policies and practices.
Preferred Educational Background:
· BA/BS or MS or equivalent degree in Life Sciences or Clinical Diagnostics.
Preferred Experiential Background:
· A minimum of 7+ years of sales experience in the Life Science or Clinical Diagnostics industries.
· A minimum of 1-3 years of sales management experience, preferably in the Life Science or Clinical Diagnostics industries.
· Must be able to build relationships at a very high level.
· Ability to effectively communicate and influence internal and external audiences, using both oral and written communication skills.
· Deep contacts with high level health care leaders in the clinical space
· Understands the reimbursement process and keeps abreast of changes in the industry.
· Ability to clearly articulate and drive a demand generated sales process.
· Strong understanding of the IDN and GPO landscape and ability to deploy a sales strategy around it.
· Strong understanding of the LDT and IVD marketplace.
· Outstanding knowledge of the patient care continuum and how NGS affects it.
· Talent Acquisition activities which include identifying needs of the department, justification for budget to fill positions, coordinating with HR to market the position, review resumes, conduct interviews and identify and recommend a candidate as the potential hire, and employee orientation to the department and company.
· Talent Development activities which include developing training plans with employees to ensure they have the necessary expertise to successfully perform their jobs, provide ongoing guidance to employees, and career counseling to help employees develop and advance in their careers
· Job Role Definition ensures that job descriptions accurately record the primary responsibilities, qualifications and terms for each job role in their group
· Performance Management activities include setting performance standards, ensuring employees have appropriate and realistic job goals, providing ongoing feedback about employees’ performance, conducting performance appraisals, including assessing how the employees have performed and how they can improve their performance, developing performance improvement plans if employees’ performance is not adequate and providing rewards for employee accomplishments.
· Ensure employees follow all applicable company policies and procedures
· Please Leave This Area Blank
Please Leave This Area Blank
At Illumina, we strive to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace by cultivating an environment in which everyone contributes to our mission. Built on a strong foundation, Illumina has always been rooted in openness, collaboration, and seeking alternative views and perspectives to propel innovation in genomics. We are proud to confirm a zero-net gap in pay, regardless of gender, ethnicity, or race. We also have several Employee Resource Groups (ERG) that deliver career development experiences, increase cultural awareness, and demonstrate our collective commitment to diversity and inclusion in the communities we live and work. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you require accommodation to complete the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf