Jacobs is the world’s top supplier of automotive test facilities, providing a full range of services to commercial automotive industry customers. Customers include not only the world’s major vehicle providers and other original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), but also clients from the international motor sports community.
Our experience encompasses virtually every type of automotive test facility, including climatic and driveability wind tunnels; aerodynamic, acoustic, and thermodynamic wind tunnels; emissions test rooms; soak rooms; altitude chambers; engine and powertrain test cells; and electromagnetic anechoic chambers. We not only design and build these facility systems assets but also operate, maintain, and manage these facilities.
- Our capabilities and some recent project photos and videos can be found in the downloadable zip file at https://jtftp.jacobstechnology.com/. Use “anontg” as both the user name and password.
BRIEF OUTLINE OF SPECIFIC ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organize, Evaluate, and Lead process improvements for the BCTD.
- Identify areas of improvement, hold meetings, maintain issues list, and update status as appropriate.
- Plan, develop, organize, write, edit and manage test procedure documents, operating work instructions, strategic papers, and job safety analysis forms.
- Standardize documentation templating where appropriate.
- Maintain library of all documentation to be consistent with departmental and corporate requirements.
- Summarize and publish meeting minutes following technical team working sessions. Interaction with all business levels in the organization will be required.
- Create an analytical process that justifies business decisions
- Support DV Efficiency objectives focused on analytical sign-off, physical test time reduction and prototype count reductions.
- This position's duties include working in a fast-paced environment consistent with handling multiple demands and priorities supporting management request. Position requires employee to be a self-starter, require minimal supervision, have good judgment and the good decision-making skills.
In this position, you are a full-time employee of Jacobs. This is NOT a contract position. You will be eligible for our generous benefit package, including health insurance, dental, vision, generous PTO, paid holidays, 401K, stock purchase plan, and tuition reimbursement.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, AND /OR SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelors’ degree in engineering from an accredited school
- Automotive Test Engineering experience preferred
- Expert user of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and Project) and ability to work with Macros
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to interact well with others
- Exceptional collaboration skills, organizational, and planning skills to be able to work with multiple people and manage a variety of projects simultaneously
- Exceptional leadership skills and proven record
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-Michigan-Dearborn
: Oct 8, 2020, 11:00:32 PM
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Capabilities: Advanced Technology Facilities