At Jacobs, we’re making our world better with every water and wastewater project we complete, and we know the importance of accurate estimates to the success of these projects. We’re looking for a skilled Senior Cost Estimator to prepare a wide range of estimates – from conceptual to detailed design – for complex water, wastewater, environmental, heavy civil, operations and maintenance, and military / government facility projects. Based in Denver, Colorado, you’ll review proposals, conceptual designs, detailed design documents (drawings and specifications), attend design development meetings and make sites visits to best define the scope of work and cost impacts required of the estimate process.
You’ll be a key contributor and mentor to a knowledgeable and supportive team as you prepare estimates by developing project work breakdown structures, calculating complete scope of work take-offs, assisting contracts staff with statements of work for subcontractors and vendors, apply construction means and methods, prepare schedules, calculate indirect field and owner’s costs. Design teams will also collaborate with you on the quality and amount of input necessary to develop the required level of design build construction estimates. You’ll tap into both your creative and analytical sides in this role as you develop reports and presentations as well as analyze historical data.
Bring your attention to detail, extensive construction experience, and desire to grow, and we’ll help you pursue what drives you – so we can tackle challenging water and wastewater projects, together.
Here's What You'll Need:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management or similar, significant experience.
• Proficient skills in the area of current technology (communications, estimating, scheduling, and database software). We typically use AutoCAD, Microstation, Bluebeam, Timberline, Microsoft Excel, Primavera P6, Smartsheet, and SQL-based databases.
• Demonstrated understanding of estimating organizational structure and process, including quantity takeoff, crew development, productivity relationships, material quotations, contingency and risk model development, escalation model development, knowledge of markup structures and estimate documentation.
• Proficient in quantitative risk analysis using software. We typically use Deltek Acumen for schedule and cost analyses.
• Experience using industry estimating software, such as Timberline and HCSS Heavy Bid.
• Understanding of project scheduling; ability to use Primavera P6 and / or Smartsheet.
• Experience mentoring junior staff.
• Able to travel to meet project needs. This position is based in Denver, Colorado. Travel is expected to be variable based on project needs, but generally infrequent.
• U.S. citizenship per project requirements
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
• Strong and effective written, oral and presentation skills. This position is frequently client-facing about sometimes difficult topics (scope, schedule, budget).
• Adept at interpersonal relationship building and conflict resolution.
• Able to complete tasks independently. You will have an independent role and responsibilities where expectations will be defined and guidance will be available, but the ultimate path to success will be yours.
• Extensive background with water and wastewater construction including field experience.
: United States-Colorado-Englewood-US CO Englewood - Jamaica St
: Oct 8, 2020, 10:18:19 PM
: Project Controls
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
US CO Englewood - Jamaica St
9191 South Jamaica Street
Capabilities: Water and Wastewater