Jacobs provides overall management and implementation of ground systems capabilities, flight hardware processing and launch operations at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida. These tasks will support Exploration Ground Systems processing working in Ground Systems Support on the Mobile Launcher Mechanical Systems.
This position is for a mid-to-senior level mechanical engineer that works independently with minimal supervision.
Provide practical application of engineering skills to perform ground system mechanical engineering projects that meet stakeholder expectations, system functional requirements and NASA program requirements.
The successful candidate will support mechanical systems for the Mobile Launcher.
Prepare system requirements, technical assessments, operation and maintenance documentation and assist with operation and maintenance and troubleshooting mechanical ground systems located on the Mobile Launcher. These systems include but are not limited to: HVAC, elevators, water and waste water systems, compressed air, ignition overpressurization and sound suppression systems.
- BS degree in Mechanical engineering discipline or a related engineering field required.
- Will consider various levels of experience with four (4) years' minimum experience.
- Experience with air conditioning, heating and climate control systems.
- Experience with elevator systems is preferred.
- Experience with water and waste water systems.
- Knowledge of ignition over-pressurization and sound suppression systems (IOPSS).
- Experience with operation and maintenance of hydraulic and pneumatic facility systems.
- Experience with operation and maintenance of pressure vessel systems.
- Experience with operation and maintenance of compressors and generators.
- Experience developing project plans, system requirements and hazard analysis.
- Experience with system verification and validation.
- Ability to read blueprints, drawings and specification charts.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to present information to upper management and customers.
- Functional knowledge of Maximo, Solumina, or other similar work authorization tools is desirable.
- Familiarity with Reliability Centered Maintenance, conditioned based monitoring and predictive testing and inspection techniques is highly desirable.
- If offered a position, proof of U.S. Citizenship or Legal Permanent Resident/Green Card holder of the United States is required.
- Will be required to climb stairs in order to access equipment for trouble shooting.
- Will be required to wear hearing protection, eye protection and other associated personal protective equipment.
- Position may involve extended periods of sitting or standing.
- Physical requirements are: sitting, walking, standing, extensive use of stairs, and access to remote structures.
- Position is located on a hazardous testing facility; must be able to quickly evacuate buildings in the event of an emergency.
- Will be required to work inside and outside throughout the test complex.
- Position may require daily individual to travel to different areas on site.
- Walking on uneven terrain including paved areas, gravel/rocks, and dirt/sand is required to access various locations on the facility.
- Climbing ladders and platforms may be necessary.
- All work must be completed in a safe manner in accordance with NASA and Company
- safety standards.
Equipment and Machines
- Computers and printers used for producing reports and schedules.
- Variety of equipment used in testing.
- Full-time regular work hours between Monday-Friday.
- Position may require occasional overtime including weekend work depending on task.
- Must be dependable and punctual.
- Shift work may be required.
Other Essential Functions
- Must be able to accurately communicate ideas in writing and verbal communication.
- Must be able to travel to support position requirements. This may include travel to and from customer location, which may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can be made for POV, if necessary.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- Must comply with all “drug free workplace” requirements as mandated by directives issued by the appropriate federal contracting officer and the company, which requires drug testing for use of illegal drugs by employees in sensitive positions.
- Government security clearance may be required in the future.
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relations with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
: United States-Florida-Kennedy Space Center-20339-KSC
: Oct 8, 2020, 8:04:40 PM
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Kennedy Space Center 32899
Capabilities: Aerospace Technology and Defense Programs and Facilities