Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow
Thriving communities. Healthy cities. A brighter future. What we do is more than building roads, we work every day to make the world better for everyone. If you want to join a company invested in you and your success, join us as a Transportation Engineer.
Based in Atlanta, GA you will have the chance to work on exciting and engaging large-scale infrastructure projects and utilize your transportation design expertise in roadway/highway to serve as a task lead on transportation related projects. As the General Engineering Consultant (GEC) of a multi-billion-dollar Design-Build-Finance-Maintain transportation project in Atlanta, GA, for the MMIP Top End program, there is an immediate opening for a Lead Design Engineer who is highly skilled and experienced with roadway design and Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT) Right of Way Acquisition process. Interacting with staff with a variety of backgrounds and specialization will be a significant aspect to this position. Good communication skills, both written and oral, are essential.
Responsibilities will include:
• Responsible for technical direction of a group of engineers or functions as a technical specialist formulating and developing advanced engineering concepts, techniques, and standards.
• Develop solutions to complex problems that require a high degree of innovation and ingenuity.
• Develop and execute a ROW strategy plan.
• Coordinate with other disciplines (such as roadway, drainage, utility, environmental) to develop Right-of-Way plans.
• Address all Release For Information (RFIs) from the client.
• Prepare agenda and meeting minutes for internal/external meetings.
• Perform all aspects of engineering and design. Works under minimal supervision. Will provide some technical guidance to less experienced design and engineering personnel
• Perform quality control.
• Demonstrate time management skills by multi-tasking.
• Maintain effective communication with project team members and with the client.
• Develop and mentor less experienced staff.
• Use computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks
• Proficient with InRoads, AutoTurn, MicroStation, Microsoft Office required.
o Experience with OpenRoads Designer a plus.
• GDOT experience preferred
• Ability to work in team environment