We are seeking a mechanical engineer with a focus in space electronics packaging and manufacturing to lead a team of 3-10 engineers to research, design, prototype, and transition space payloads to production.
• Design ruggedized electronics assemblies, enclosures, and chassis for space systems and military applications utilizing Solidworks.
• Optimize thermal performance, structural performance, material compatibility, and reliability utilizing engineering analysis and optimization techniques.
• Review electronics packaging designs as they progress through development, qualification, and production considering design for manufacturability, yield issues, and reliability.
• Develop engineering qualification plans for requirements verification and risk reduction utilizing a combination of engineering analysis and environmental testing (Thermomechanical, Shock/vibe, humidity, other fatigue tests, and overstress testing).
• Perform PCB level thermal analysis as well as system level thermal analysis on both terrestrial and space-based systems.
• Recommend design paths based on analysis results. These recommendations include items such as material selection and assembly techniques.
• Assess systems to identify key failure modes and recommend analysis to validate design decisions.
• Develop and conduct testing to validate engineering analysis models.
• Develop and execute manufacturing process validation plans.
• Design and qualify complex tooling to facilitate product assembly.
• Design and conduct laboratory experiments to evaluate material selections and/or advanced electronic packaging manufacturing processes.
• Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
• Assist in creating cost estimates for related activities.
• ABILITY TO OBTAIN AND MAINTAIN A TS/SCI SECURITY CLEARANCE.
• Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering (or similar) with 10+ years of experience or a Masters’ degree with 5+ years of experience.
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment with cross-functional teams.
• Effective time management and prioritization skills.
• Excellent communication and documentation skills.
• Works well as a part of a team.
• Good problem-solving skills.
• Good interpersonal skills
• Must be able to plan and execute multiple technical tasks concurrently
• Familiarity with printed wiring board (PWB) fabrication and electronics assembly processes.
• Experience with design for manufacturability.
• Experience resolving qualification and production failures.
• Understanding of principles for performing mechanical analysis including structural, thermal, or vibration.
• Hands-on manufacturing experience.
• U.S. Citizenship REQUIRED
• Current TS/SCI clearance
• FEA experience in ANSYS
• Experience with space-based system analysis.
• Experience with package level system analysis
• High reliability electronics packaging design experience.
• CAD experience in Solidworks.
• Experience creating and executing DOE (design of experiments).
• Machine shop experience.
Location: Severn, MD
Clearance: Must be able obtain and maintain a security clearance (minimum SECRET).
Clearance processing will be completed by the U.S. Government.
Factors considered for a U.S. Government Security Clearance include, but are not limited to:
-U.S. Citizenship (Required)
-Favorable Criminal History Check
-Abuse/Illegal Drug Use
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-Maryland-Severn-20356-SEV1
: Oct 14, 2020, 12:45:47 AM
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
7763 Old Telegraph Road Building A
Capabilities: Aerospace Technology and Defense Programs and Facilities