At Jacobs, we don’t settle – always looking beyond to raise the bar and deliver with excellence. We apply our expertise and knowledge as we look into the future with great optimism and focus. We don’t settle until we give our best and know that we’re making a difference.
Jacobs is seeking an Operations Manager to join our collaborative team in Grants, NM. As the Operations Manager you’ll work with project staff to oversee the operations, biosolids and laboratory practices of our plants. Working with other members of our team you’ll apply knowledge of the principles, methods and tools employed in the general operation of engines, pumps, valves, motors and related equipment, wastewater process control, permit compliance, and safe work practices. You’ll also diagnose operating problems and direct effective correction procedures; prepare required reports, evaluate actual versus budget spend, and maintain complete recordkeeping procedures; analyze recording instrument readings and laboratory test results and adjust various plant processes accordingly; perform plant inspections to determine efficiency of operations, cleanliness, and maintenance activities including remedial action in emergencies; and supervise, evaluate and train employees.
Bring your team-focus, adaptability, and commitment to excellence, and we’ll help you grow what drives you – and deliver the world’s most challenging Operations Management projects, together.
Here's what you’ll need:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• New Mexico Level 4 Wastewater Certification, or ability to obtain through reciprocity within 6 months of hire
• Five (5) plus years of experience in the operation of water or wastewater facilities
• Supervisory experience at a water reclamation facility
• Excellent oral and written communications, self-motivation, team-oriented work practices, strong technical problem-solving skills
• Experience with planning, scheduling and inventory control
• Experience developing and working within an approved budget. Specifically tracking costs, adjusting activities to stay on budget, and optimizing labor and materials
• Experience with process control of conventional activated sludge secondary treatment
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Valid State Driver’s License with no major infractions
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
• Familiar with NPDES, Air Quality, and Stormwater Permits and successful permit compliance
• Knowledge of safe work practices; principles and methods of biological and chemical sewage analyses, effects and problems of industrial waste in wastewater treatment processes
• Knowledge of principles of budget preparation and expenditure control
• Experience working on pumps, motors and equipment, controls and experience using tools and materials used in maintaining and repairing a variety of equipment
• Knowledge of laboratory practices and certification
• Knowledge of computer software including data management systems, HACH WIMS and possess the ability to operate plant PLC’s and SCADA systems
• Demonstrated ability to engage and motivate teams and to respond to emergency situations
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the client, the general public, coworkers, elected and appointed officials
• Ability to travel/walk to job sites to develop work plans with technicians and management
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-New Mexico-Grants-US NM Grants - Washington Ave
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Oct 8, 2020, 3:06:17 AM
: Operations & Maintenance
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
US NM Grants - Washington Ave
551 Washington Avenue
Capabilities: Water and Wastewater