Candidate will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, and evaluating RF, Microwave, and Analog hardware solutions for existing and upcoming products and seeing the process from concept through production and test. Candidate will be guided by senior engineers to develop and evaluate alternative approaches and architectures to satisfy requirements.
Candidate will design primarily at the schematic level, working closely with CAD designers in the development of layouts. Candidate will be a part of the development team that primarily develops specialized communications products for government, military, and commercial customers.
- Select components to satisfy requirements for RF/Microwave/Analog circuits.
- Utilize development boards , breadboards, analysis, and simulations to develop designs.
- Work closely with software, mechanical, and senior RF engineers to develop overall product.
- Design circuits at the schematic level and work closely with CAD designers to produce board layouts.
- Test circuit boards to prove they function as expected, debug as required.
- Assist in the development of production-level tests and participate in testing as needed.
- Document results of testing.
- Support transition to production.
- Participate in product design reviews.
- A current TS/SCI security clearance.
- Bachelors and 0-4 years experience, masters and 0-2 years experience, or High School and 8+ years experience.
- Experience in RF/Microwave/Analog circuit board development.
- Ability to setup and operate RF test equipment such as Spectrum Analyzers, Network Analyzers, etc.
- Ability to generate schematics.
- Ability to read and understand datasheets for RF and Analog components.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to support multiple projects simultaneously.
- Effective time management and prioritization skills.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Experience with CAD programs such as Microwave Office, ADS, HFSS, CST.
- Experience with Allegro, OrCAD, and/or Altium Designer.
- Ability to solder/modify miniature SMT components for development purposes.
- Experience in design of RF and Microwave circuits such as amplifiers, filters, and synthesizers.
- Experience in design of power supply circuits using DC-DC converters and linear regulators.
- Experience with rechargeable batteries, battery chargers, and protection circuits.
- Experience in low power design.
- Experience with antenna analysis and design.
- Knowledge of modern communication system architectures and modulation techniques.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-Maryland-Severn-20356-SEV1
: Oct 7, 2020, 11:49:59 PM
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
7763 Old Telegraph Road Building A
Capabilities: Aerospace Technology and Defense Programs and Facilities