Are you passionate about human space exploration or understanding the origins of the universe, and working with a dynamic and diverse team to make a difference? If you are, we need you!
We need your commitment, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire humans all over the globe. We need you to bring innovative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will benefit the quality of life of people around the world. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on new challenges for NASA’s pursuits in deep space exploration. Jacobs is NASA’s largest engineering solutions provider working alongside NASA at centers across the United States.
We have the unique and significant role to partner with NASA at Johnson Space Center (JSC), to be part of every human spaceflight program – the International Space Station (ISS), NASA’s Orion spacecraft, which will carry astronauts into deep space, and Gateway, the orbiting platform providing the home for astronauts to work and travel back and forth to the moon’s surface, and serving as the platform for deep space exploration. From critical systems on the ISS to enable astronauts to live and work in space; to performing advanced development for systems leading to deep space exploration; to being part of the foundation for Gateway.
We also partner with NASA at JSC, the only NASA center in the United States to curate all astromaterial samples returned from exploration missions, to perform curation services, orbital debris analysis, and basic research to further humankind’s understanding of the origins of our solar system.
We need you to be a part of our team!
**We are actively searching for qualified candidates for this potential opening, however we do not have assurance at this time if and when the position will be finalized and opened. Because we have strong reason to believe the position will be approved soon, we are proceeding with identifying qualified candidates and conducting interviews.**
We are currently in need of a CCP Software Engineer to join our team with Barrios Technology, Inc., a JETS teammate company. Do you have the following skills?
The CCP Software Engineer will:
System integration and interface management and coordination.
Software testing and verification.
Software Product Assessment for completeness of design and implementation.
Software Process Assessment (including Compliance assessment) across the full development life cycle.
Performing other duties as assigned.
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school and five (5) years of related engineering experience, or a MS degree from an accredited engineering school and four (4) years of related engineering experience, or Ph.D. from an accredited engineering school and zero (0) years of related experience.
- Experience leading a software development project across the full development life cycle.
- Experience with safety-critical software development and associated processes with ability to identify unusual, non-standard, risky practices.
- Experience in one or more of the following specialty areas:
- Some level of management experience (task lead, manager, project manager, etc) with ability to have a big picture view.
- Software development processes with ability to analyze processes and process compliance and identify practices that are counter to ultra-high quality.
- Hardware/software integration with ability to:Understand software architecture and specific application software and provide software expertise to drive thorough understanding of software in the hardware focused teams.
- Effectively embed in domain teams and ensure that software is thoroughly considered and assessed as part of the overall system certification processes.
- Integrated testing with focus on test scripts, test processes, and test results.
- Proficiency with team collaboration tools such as Microsoft Teams, Webex, Skype, Sharepoint, Jira.
- Experience working as part of an Integrated Product Team to develop avionic systems.
- Experience fostering a collaborative team environment.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and coordination skills and strong customer service attitude.
- Experience with development of safety-critical flight software.
- NASA software and systems development culture, processes, standards (incl NPR 7150.2).
- Spacecraft Avionics and Software Architecture.
- Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI).
- ARINC 664, 653.
- RTC DO178.
- Object oriented software development.
- Agile software development.
- Proficiency with C/C++ coding.
- Proficiency with Linux.
- Proficiency with scripting languages such as Python.
Why Work on Our Team?
Click on the below links to view just a small sample of all that we do! Come join our team and be part of our future. We look forward to seeing you!
Jacobs Aerospace Solutions Overview
(Please view in Chrome or Microsoft Edge)
In addition to exciting career opportunities we also have:
- Excellent personal and professional career growth
- 9/80 work schedule (every other Friday off)
- Onsite cafeteria (breakfast & lunch)
- Comprehensive Benefit Package (medical, dental & vision)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Much, much more!
For more information on our partnership with NASA at Johnson Space Center, please visit www.wehavespaceforyou.com
Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs (5% of time).
Equipment and Machines
Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.).
Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical. Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required.
Other Essential Functions
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
: United States-Texas-Houston-20331-ESCG
: Oct 7, 2020, 9:39:17 PM
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
2224 Bay Area Boulevard
Capabilities: Aerospace Technology and Defense Programs and Facilities