NOTE - This position will be working with Water/Wastewater equipment and systems.
Position is located at Bangor - Structures Shop
Summary/General Description of Job:
The General Maintenance Worker repairs building structures and mechanical, electrical and sanitary systems. The incumbent also performs general maintenance on machinery.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Performs general maintenance and repair of building structures and their mechanical, electrical, or sanitary systems.
- May also perform general maintenance and repair of the establishment's machinery.
- Maintains basic practical knowledge of several maintenance trades in order to perform most of the duties.
- Keeps in good repair building woodwork, wall, floor and other surface treatments.
- Replaces electrical switches, fixtures, and motors.
- May painting or touching up of structure or equipment.
- Repairs or replaces plumbing fixtures, household appliances and equipment; and replacing broken window panes.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
May perform work in other classifications when incidental work is necessary to the accomplishment of the work assignment. Significant work in another job classification may be required if accompanied by any wage adjustments applicable.
- The proper use of tools and equipment commonly used in the maintenance field.
- Completing all mandated training requirements per government and management directives.
- Timely and cost-effective performance of duties.
- Timely completion and accuracy of all departmental work.
- Dealing with a variety of people in a professional, courteous manner in diversified situations.
- Adherence to established company safety policies and good industrial and office safety practices.
- Compliance with company Standard Operating Procedures and Personnel policies and procedures.
- Having the ability to work well under pressure.
- Four years’ experience maintaining in a state of good repair buildings, and associated equipment of housing units, office buildings, recreational buildings, or institutional buildings.
- Must be able to interpret blueprints, drawings, etc.
- Must be familiar with a wide variety of test equipment.
- Must be familiar with repair and modification of plumbing, electrical, sewage, heating, air conditioning systems, and household appliances.
- Must obtain and maintain required explosives certifications when assigned to ordnance operations.
- Must have and maintain hand tools of the trade to perform the normal work of the classifications.
- Must possess a valid State driver's license with acceptable driving record.
- Must meet and maintain company physical and security requirements, including respirator qualification, and clearance eligibility when required.
- Must possess good communication skills for a service team environment.
- May be required to pass a “backflow preventer” certification when required by the assignment.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to successfully pass any background checks and/or drug testing required on the contract.
- U.S. Citizenship.
Candidates for positions at the Naval Hospital facility must prove immunity to tetanus, measles, Rubella (a.k.a. German Measles or Three-Day Measles) and mumps by providing, prior to employment, physician‑signed documentation of either immunization (vaccine) or antibody titer (blood test), and evidence of a TB (tuberculosis) test within the past year.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-Washington-Silverdale-20353-BGR
: Oct 7, 2020, 8:33:48 PM
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
T-075 Skate Street
Capabilities: Aerospace Technology and Defense Programs and Facilities