Summary/General Description Of Job:
The Bus Driver drives vehicles over specified routes or to specified destinations according to time schedules, complying with traffic regulations to ensure that passengers have a smooth and safe ride.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Drives large passenger buses for long and short hauls to transport personnel throughout the base and on public roads and highways.
- Ensures that cargo is properly loaded and secured, and that vehicle is not loaded beyond capacity.
- Performs pre-run driver’s checks and driver's maintenance in accordance with established rules and regulations.
- May occasionally drive other type and size vehicles for which qualified and licensed, when required by the work load.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
May perform work in other classifications when incidental work is necessary to the accomplishment of the work assignment. Significant work in another job classification may be required if accompanied by any wage adjustments applicable.
- The proper use of tools and equipment commonly used in the bus driving field.
- Completing all mandated training requirements per government and management directives.
- Timely and cost effective performance of duties.
- Timely completion and accuracy of all departmental work.
- Dealing with a variety of people in a professional, courteous manner in diversified situations.
- Adherence to established company safety policies and good industrial and office safety practices.
- Compliance with company Standard Operating Procedures and Personnel policies and procedures.
- Having the ability to work well under pressure.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience, Professional Associations):
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
- Two years driving experience in 16 passenger or greater capacity vehicles in a professional capacity with a safe driving record.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Washington State Class "B" commercial driver license with Passengers (PI) endorsement, air brake qualified and current CDL medical card as a minimum.
- Must meet and maintain company physical and security requirements, and clearance eligibility when required.
- Must possess good communication skills for a service team environment.
- Ability to successfully pass any background checks and/or drug testing required on the contract.
- U.S. Citizenship.
: United States-Washington-Silverdale-20353-BGR
: Oct 7, 2020, 8:18:23 PM
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
T-075 Skate Street
Capabilities: Aerospace Technology and Defense Programs and Facilities