Basic Function and Scope of the Position:
The Sr. Manager, Accounting will be a key member of the corporate accounting team, reporting to the Associate Director, Accounting. In this role, you will be responsible to manage the day-to-day operations of a component of the accounting function. In this leadership position, you will coach and mentor team members to complete accounting and reporting activities for various accounting areas including leases, fixed asset and construction in progress accounting in a complex and fast-paced environment.
Job duties include but not limited to:
- Ensure proper accounting and reporting of leases in accordance with ASC 842 Leases.
- Oversite of the daily operations of a team of three accountants responsible for the accounting for capital assets, leases, cash, investment prepaid and intangible assets
- Manage aspects of the monthly financial close process, including ensuring all costs incurred are properly recorded, reviewing journal entries, account balance reconciliations, variance analysis and report preparation
- Participate in the ongoing development/establishment of global accounting policies, procedures and operational strategies including the review and implementation of process and system changes
- Maintain strong business partnerships with key stakeholders including, Financial Planning & Analysis, Global Real Estate and Construction, and Global Information Systems
- Recruit, coach and develop a team of accounting professionals in alignment with organizational strategies and leadership qualities
- Ensure that the requests by the internal/external auditors for the annual audit and quarter reviews are accurately and timely prepared in support of public company requirements
- Support the SEC reporting process through the review of footnote disclosure schedules prepared by your team
- Ensure compliance with internal controls and participate in the design and execution of internal controls by updating process narratives, recommending changes to control documentation and maintaining evidence of performance of the control to ensure accurate presentation of financial statements and safeguarding company assets
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting; CPA and Big 4 Public Accounting experience preferred
- Minimum of 10 years progressively responsible accounting and finance experience, including 3-6 years in a management capacity
- Strong technical accounting background with the ability to translate to operational procedures
- Exceptional leadership skills with proven ability to grow and develop a team
- Experience with the implementation or accounting operations under ASC 842, Leases
- Real estate, life science and/or manufacturing experience is a plus
- Excellent organization, communication, writing, and presentation skills; experience managing teams and working collaboratively across multiple levels, functions, and regions
- Ability to exercise judgement within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action
- Applies management expertise to set direction and resolve problems in own discipline
- Ability to identify and resolve technical, operational and organizational problems
- Prior experience in SAP and BlackLine a plus
- Ability to be flexible and work analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Proven track record in driving projects and process improvement initiatives
All listed requirements are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
At Illumina, we strive to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace by cultivating an environment in which everyone contributes to our mission. Built on a strong foundation, Illumina has always been rooted in openness, collaboration, and seeking alternative views and perspectives to propel innovation in genomics. We are proud to confirm a zero-net gap in pay, regardless of gender, ethnicity, or race. We also have several Employee Resource Groups (ERG) that deliver career development experiences, increase cultural awareness, and demonstrate our collective commitment to diversity and inclusion in the communities we live and work. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you require accommodation to complete the application or interview process, please contact email@example.com. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf