Full Stack Software Developer
International Health and Development
ICF international is seeking a Full Stack Software Developer to support a PEPFAR health information system. The U.S. government uses the system to monitor HIV and AIDS relief efforts around the world. The Full Stack Software Developer will join a team of software developers in Rockville, MD (though temporarily remote due to COVID-19).
- Work on programming and software development tasks under the guidance of the solution architect and senior developers on the project
- Collaborate with various stakeholder developers, programmers, and testers to develop new features and program enhancements to existing components
- Contribute to technical discussions about systems features, functions, and components necessary to continue the build-out of foundational elements that facilitate data exchange and interoperability
- Assist with the documentation that third-party developers use to ensure smooth interaction with data components developed
- Troubleshoot technical issues providing timely responses and user centered solutions
- Support our client’s informatic initiatives to assist in-country stakeholders to maximize use of client systems and data assets and ongoing stakeholder self-service activities required to be completed on an annual cycle
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, information systems or related technology field.
- 3+ years’ experience as a programmer or software developer programming technology components, troubleshooting user support issues, testing components to deliver quality technology tools.
- 1+ years’ experience developing Unix shell scripts
- At least 3 years’ experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL preferred) and knowledge of SQL
- Experience using GitHub for issue tracking and version control
- Previous DHIS2 (District Health Information System) experience as a programmer or developer
- Experience working with or in low technology resource environments
- Willingness to travel internationally approximately 30% time
- Interest in and commitment to international development outcomes
- Proficient in the French language
- A strong self-starter especially in self-teaching and exploring new programming languages and technical concepts
- Ability to work cross-culturally
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written English communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)