ICF is seeking a Special Projects Manager - Child that will be responsible for supporting the Tailored Services Manager and team in providing project management support to critical elements within the Tailored Services program. Tailored Services provides direct capacity building technical support to states/territories based on assessed needs and jurisdiction specific work planning. The Special Project Manager will work in coordination with the Tailored Services Manager and Supervisors to support state/territory projects and internal Center processes to build capacity, implement program improvement strategies, and improve child welfare outcomes for children, youth, and families. The Special Projects Manager may also be asked to work on special cross-service area initiatives. The successful candidate will have broad knowledge of the public child welfare service continuum and of child welfare policy and practice issues as well as project management. This position reports directly to the Tailored Services Manager.
Responsibilities for the Tailored Services Program – Special Projects Manager include:
- Involvement in budget development and tracking related to special projects as well as in support of other Tailored Services project budgets as needed.
- Maintain knowledge about Center projects, service delivery, and the Capacity Building Model.
- Development of project management tools/plans for any TS or cross-service area initiative as assigned.
- Work closely with the Tailored Services Manager to apply project management tools to other select aspects of Tailored Services functioning.
- Troubleshoot other areas of efficiency and effectiveness within Tailored Services from a project management perspective with the Tailored Services Manager.
- Contribute to regular Center reporting and support all activities related to the Center’s evaluation including data collection and continuous quality improvement efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in human services, social work, public administration, or related field
- 3-5 years experience with:
- project plans, tracking deliverables and costs under scope of work
- project management experience, including client relationship management and budget management in a contract consulting environment
- Background in child welfare and child welfare systems (this includes employment in child welfare/social services and/or lived experience with the child welfare system)
- Knowledge and experience designing and improving processes
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and partner with other team members
- Project Management Professional/similar certification or significant project related experience.
- Solid team builder and team player with proven ability to manage competing priorities, perspectives and stakeholder needs.
- High quality control skills with superior attention to detail and the ability to meet stringent deadlines
- Ability to be flexible, multitask, prioritize, and manage multiple activities simultaneously in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy
- Exceptional project management skills, with a focus on technical assistance project management, including ability to assess project risk, to develop charters, to develop project plans and to monitor progress.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated, outstanding level of professionalism in providing administrative support, including ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact and diplomacy.
- Proficient with MS office applications (i.e. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)