The KPMG Advisory practice is currently our fastest growing practice. We are seeing tremendous client demand, and looking forward we don't anticipate that slowing down. In this ever-changing market environment, our professionals must be adaptable and thrive in a collaborative, team-driven culture. At KPMG, our people are our number one priority. With a wealth of learning and career development opportunities, a world-class training facility and leading market tools, we make sure our people continue to grow both professionally and personally. If you're looking for a firm with a strong team connection where you can be your whole self, have an impact, advance your skills, deepen your experiences, and have the flexibility and access to constantly find new areas of inspiration and expand your capabilities, then consider a career in Advisory.
KPMG is currently seeking a Associate in Risk Strategy & Compliance - Forensics for our Consulting practice.
- Assist a variety of financial institutions in addressing Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC)/sanctions compliance matters
- Provide support for financial services or AML compliance initiatives at the direction of the national AML industry leader or leadership team
- Assist management in identifying, escalating, and managing engagement risk on behalf of internal and external stakeholders
- Deliver input into engagement decisions such as work plans, timelines, budgets, project management, and resource allocation
- Maintain an awareness of current market place issues and stay up-to-date with emerging regulatory requirements and guidance
- Manage part(s) of an engagement, supervise staff level engagement teams, and provide direction and training to associates
- A minimum of one to two years of AML/OFAC compliance or corporate intelligence or due diligence experience in the financial or professional services industries and/or with relevant banking/securities regulatory agencies
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Economics, English Literature, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Statistics, Math or a related quantitative field of study; MBA or JD from an accredited college/university and/or CAMS Certification, FIBA AMLCA Certification, or similar certification such as Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) is preferred
- Solid understanding of common money laundering schemes as well as AML legal and regulatory environment, specifically the laws, regulations, and guidance promulgated under the BSA and USA PATRIOT Act
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to meet the needs of the team and business; experience in performing auditing, testing or quality assurance of AML and/or OFAC controls and processes
- Excellent writing abilities across various deliverable formats including reports and presentations as well strong experience in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Application and package experience in any of the following: Transaction Monitoring Vendor Solutions, KYC Vendor Solutions, and OFAC sanctions screening solutions
- Travel may be up to 80-100%
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.