The KPMG Advisory practice is currently our fastest growing practice. We are seeing tremendous client demand, and looking forward we don't anticipate that slowing down. In this ever-changing market environment, our professionals must be adaptable and thrive in a collaborative, team-driven culture. At KPMG, our people are our number one priority. With a wealth of learning and career development opportunities, a world-class training facility and leading market tools, we make sure our people continue to grow both professionally and personally. If you're looking for a firm with a strong team connection where you can be your whole self, have an impact, advance your skills, deepen your experiences, and have the flexibility and access to constantly find new areas of inspiration and expand your capabilities, then consider a career in Advisory.
KPMG is currently seeking an Associate/Senior Associate in Risk Strategy & Compliance - Risk Analytics for our Consulting practice.
- Develop and model complex financial structures such as reverse engineering of cash flow including waterfall, payment rules, and trigger effects
- Work on financial risk management advisory and audit engagements related to financial instrument valuations and cash flow analysis of fixed income, structured products, technical accounting applications, and whole loan portfolios
- Analyze and assess risk management activities related to investment portfolios, liquidity sources, accounting changes, and new regulations related to Dodd Frank and Regulation AB
- Review, validate, and develop financial cash flow models including mortgage (MBS) and asset-backed securities (ABS), credit default swap (CDS), option models, alternative equity investment, collateralized debt obligation (CDO), collateralized loan obligations (CLO), auction rate securities, residual assets, mortgage-servicing assets (MSR), and commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS)
- Review operational risk management, internal control policies and procedures including GAP analysis
- Perform compliance testing related to various client financing agreements with investment banks, issuers, regulators, government agencies, and investors
Additional Responsibilities for Senior Associate:
- Supervise associates and interns on engagements on multimillion dollar annuity engagements as well as serve as a liaison between clients and upper management
- Identify and communicate technical matters to both clients and upper management
- Mentor associates and new hires training in Intex, Bloomberg, and Winfast
- A minimum of one year of relevant experience in the financial services industry, structured finance, mortgage banking, corporate finance, or advisory services, or a minimum of three years of experience in fixed income analysis
- Bachelor's degree preferably in finance, financial engineering, mathematics, economics, statistics, or a related major from an accredited college/university required, advanced degree is preferred
- Strong understanding of financial products and structured credit, fixed income, discounted cash flow valuations, credit and interest rate risk hedging, and pricing of various financial instruments
- Working knowledge of modeling techniques and collateralized debt obligation types such as residential and commercial mortgage back securities, bank loans, and asset back securities
- Pursuit of Chartered Financial Analyst designation considered is a plus
- Travel may be up to 80-100%
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
Additional Qualifications for Senior Associate:
- A minimum of three years of relevant experience in the financial services industry, structured finance, mortgage banking, corporate finance, or advisory services or a minimum of five years of experience in fixed income analysis
- Programming and modeling experience related to structured finance is highly preferred, particularly Intex, Bloomberg and/or Imake modeling tools; as well as experience in middle office, accounting, compliant and risk management skills with structured financial products
- Valuations of complex financial instruments as well as strong data mining and/or programming and advanced MS Access or SQL skills
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.