Jacobs has an immediate hiring need for a Sr. Software Engineer to design, develop, and test new web software as well as maintain and support existing software applications.
The following skills are highly desirable for this position;
- Ability to prioritize, communicate clearly, have a consistent track record of delivery and excellent software engineering skills.
- Creative engineering balanced with high quality and a customer focus.
- Must be able to work across multiple facets of the project and juggle multiple responsibilities at the same time.
- Strong analytic capability and the ability to create innovative solutions.
- We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is looking to grow their career in a fast paced environment.
- Develop software solutions by studying requirements and following an agile software development lifecycle.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Mentor junior and mid-level engineers.
- Collaborate with team to brainstorm and create new products.
- Stay on the leading edge of development practices and technologies.
- Must have TS/SCI with Poly and be willing to upgrade within 1 year of acceptance.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other relevant field
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Experience working with source code management systems such as Git
- Self-motivated individual that can think outside the box
- Ability to create cutting edge applications from well-established APIs
- Ability to manage and configure Windows and Linux workstations for testing, development, and production environments
- Knowledge of different data backends such as MySQL and MongoDB and the ability to configure and manipulate the data in those backends
- Strong desire to stay up-to-date on current web technologies and ability to suggest areas in which those technologies can be used to improve or enhance new and existing applications
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to openly discuss and review technical proposals, requirements, designs, algorithms, source code, and reference documents with engineers, content creators and managers
- Ability to develop modular code components
- Effective communication, writing, documentation, and requirements gatherings skills are needed to be effective in this role for working with other members of the Team and with the Customer to meet the requirements of the program
- Experience developing applications for Computer Network Operations
- Experience developing applications in languages such as C++ or Java
- Experience with Java Enterprise Development, ActiveMQ
- Ability to create and manage applications using Red Hat Package Manager (RPM)
- MEAN stack development
- API design and development
- Ability to develop aesthetically pleasing and user-friendly front ends
Position requires a Top Secret security clearance, based on current background investigation (SBI), as well as the favorable completion of polygraph.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-Maryland-Hanover-20358-MIL2
: Oct 15, 2020, 12:17:49 AM
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
7880 Milestone Parkway
Capabilities: Mission Critical