Instructors for the Advanced Windows Operations Course (AWOC) provide classroom instruction, lab experience and evaluate students on the knowledge required to meet the certification standards for their career path. The instructor is responsible for creation of course content, training materials and documentation. The instructor monitors student performance on practical exercises and provides lectures and/or feedback to students to correct misunderstandings. Virtualization technology is employed heavily to simulate real-world scenarios that create an immersive cyber-environment for students.
- Computer Science oriented Bachelor’s degree and two years of experience in the development, testing, deployment, operations, training, or maintenance of electrical/electronic/software systems pertaining to cyberspace operations. An additional three years of experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree for a total of five years of experience.
- Experience in system design to include those designs pertaining to general networking systems.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience engineering design, development, deployment, operations, training or maintenance related to Windows variants, to include knowledge of device drivers and kernel-level development.
- General UNIX or UNIX-variant knowledge.
- Minimum of three (3) years of working knowledge with most commonly used software-programming languages (to include but not limited to: Python, JAVA, HTML, PERL).
Position requires a Top Secret security clearance, based on current background investigation (SBI), as well as the favorable completion of polygraph.
Recruiting Point of Contact:
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-Maryland-Hanover-20358-MIL2
: Oct 15, 2020, 12:17:26 AM
: Information Technology
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
7880 Milestone Parkway
Capabilities: Cyber Security