The contractor shall perform duties as the FACCSM / Client Support Administrator (CSA) in support of the USTRANSCOM work environment for both Unclassified and Classified environments (i.e., NIPRNet and SIPRNet). Provide remote and/or desk side support to USTRANSCOM users to aid in the implementation of new capabilities, resolution of software problems, and assist in troubleshooting issues associated with accessing peripherals.
Responsible for maintaining the integrity of the operating system environment. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Perform workstation setup
• Monitor and maintain continuity with system software licensing and maintenance agreement
• Participate and maintain change control
• Respond to alerts when received and take appropriate action
• Train end users in use of equipment and software
• Maintain telecommunications protocols
• Install new hardware and maintain existing hardware
• Apply Government approved operating system updates and/or patches
• Troubleshoot and resolve system problems or issues to increase system reliability and enhance overall system performance
• Load and configure approved client software on end-user devices as necessary to support access to services and use of peripherals
• Configure and maintain network settings on USTRANSCOM’s end-user devices
• Document maintenance actions in the ITSM system
• When required, Transport workstations to and from customer work area, configure and connect workstation, and test workstation for functional operation
• Support Problem Management activities and document work-arounds, assist in identifying the root causes of problems
• Maintain workstations, laptops, associated multi-function devices, printers, phones, and conference room communications equipment located throughout various locations.
• Provide FACCSM/CSA support for Force Flow conferences (e.g. support conference attendees needs, assist with account creation)
• Maintain laptops for source selection
• Install approved non-standard software on pertinent workstations
• Keep non-standard software up-to-date with patches
• Perform NIPR to SIPR document transfers, SIPR to NIPR document transfers (SIPR burn privileges)
• Assist with creating self-extracting files for burning to CD using McAfee File and Removable Media
• The contractor shall serve as an inventory account custodian, performing accountability checks as directed
• Requests network file access
• Requests modification of file permissions for personnel moving between offices
• Interface with Service Desks to resolve issues and report incidents
• Provide desk-side and telephone customer support (to include one-on-one training)
• Manage distribution lists as needed
• Assist with workstation moves, printer mappings
• Assist with conference room AV equipment issues
• Perform SIPR token trusted agent duties; assist with processing SIPR tokens and resolving problems
Two (2) years of college or technical training in a computer field and three (5) years of directly related experience IT support, or a combination of education and relevant experience for a total of five (7) years. Progressive relevant training and/or certification in appropriate discipline may be substituted for one (1) year of the education or experience requirement. IAT II certification required. The minimum of an interim Secret level DoD Security Clearance is required.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language
Requires sitting for extended periods of time at a desk (90%). Requires sitting at a computer terminal for long periods of time (90%). Walking moderate to long distances.
Inside office/cubicle environment. Requires ability to interact professionally with co-workers and all levels of management (100%).
Equipment and Machines
Requires ability to operate a personal computer, a telephone, copier, and other general office equipment (100%). Ability to conduct evaluation of third and fourth generation or current state of the art computer hardware and software and its ability to support specific requirements, interfacing with other equipment and systems.
Attendance is critical. Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday through Friday. Being prompt is important to provide continuous and on-going service to customers. Attendance is important to maintain continuity of service. Work outside of normal duty hours may be required with as little as one-hour advance notice. Overtime is frequent and important when required (10%). Must be able to support 24-hour Weekend/Holiday On-Call Operations and respond onsite within two (2) hours of notification
Other Essential Functions
Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization. Must be able to obtain unescorted access to work areas. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. The minimum of an interim Secret level DoD Security Clearance is required.
: United States-Illinois-Scott AFB-20315-ISCT
: Oct 14, 2020, 10:51:43 PM
: Information Technology
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Scott AFB 62225
Capabilities: Advanced Technology Facilities