When it comes to environmental consulting, we’re helping our clients protect our world’s natural resources. As the biologist/ecologist you will provide support and expertise in field biology, regulatory strategy, NEPA analysis, and permitting. You’ll apply your background in botanical, avian, wetland, general wildlife and/or familiarity and experience with land use and biological/water resource permitting to challenging natural resources projects.
Based in Puget Sound you’ll have the opportunity to conduct both field and office work. You’ll have the chance to work with teams to coordinate biological and general environmental compliance during project planning and execution. You may also have the opportunity to work with the project management teams on commercial and Federal projects. Bring your enthusiasm for learning and desire to conserve our natural resources, and we’ll help you grow!
Here's What You'll Need:
• BS degree in Biology, Natural Resources, Environmental Science, Ecology or a related field.
• Familiarity with environments in the midwestern United States.
• Ability to travel and work in the field up to 70% of time.
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
• 0-2 years of biological experience in of biological experience in botany, wetland wildlife, aquatics, vegetation, reclamation disciplines.
• Experience contributing to environmental impact evaluation, siting reports, and environmental permit applications (including USACE 404 wetland permitting), including field surveys and reporting, preparation of NEPA analysis and documentation, and ESA Section 7 Consultation.
• Experience performing various biological field surveys for site planning and construction.
• Experience serving on teams of field scientists.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-Washington-Seattle-US WA Seattle - Jacobs Jlp Seattle
: Oct 14, 2020, 10:51:21 PM
: Environmental Science
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
US WA Seattle - Jacobs Jlp Seattle
2454 OCCIDENTAL AVE SOUTH SUITE 3D
Capabilities: Environmental Technology