Jacobs is seeking a Junior Developer in Alexandria, VA. Duties will include:
- Design, develop and implement web-based applications and backend interfaces to fulfill business requirements
- Follows approved Agile life cycle methodologies, creates design documents, and performs program coding. Resolves technical issues through debugging, research and investigation. Interfaces with Business Analysis and UI/UX teams
- Other duties as assigned
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance
- 1+ years of relevant experience and a Bachelors degree is required. Commensurate experience for education
- Strong Java and Object-Oriented Programming fundamentals
- Project experience in Java technologies like Spring Boot, Spring Framework, JPA/Hibernate, JDBC, Swagger
- Experience with automated testing methodologies and frameworks (e.g., JUnit, Selenium, JMeter)
- Experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP)
- Experience with Database design and SQL languages
- Experience with Version Control Systems (Git, SVN)
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Interface with Business Analysis and UI/UX teams
- Working knowledge with CI/CD
- Experience working with in an Agile development environment
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
- Experience with production support and issue resolution
Essential Job Functions
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
Equipment and Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check.
: United States-Virginia-Alexandria-20364-BCPB
: Oct 14, 2020, 10:49:16 PM
: Information Technology
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
2415 Eisenhower Avenue
Capabilities: Enterprise IT