The NA identifies, analyzes, and documents long-range requirements, and administers resources related to the enterprise network. The NA prepares technical implementation plans that provide integrated solutions, including actions, milestones, timelines and critical paths required for complete solutions. The NA researches applicable standards and requirements documents to assure network compliance. The NA plans for and provides reasonable responsiveness in terms of network performance (e.g., availability, reliability, and throughput). The NA prepares activity and progress reports for the Government regarding network performance initiatives.
• Administering the operation of LAN/WAN-related network services according to Government policies and procedures
• Coordinating and implementing network software and hardware upgrades
• Troubleshooting and resolving LAN/WAN performance, connectivity and related network problems
• Administering LAN/WAN security and malware control measures
• Build operational Operations and Maintenance (O&M) checklists to maintain the service (daily, weekly, monthly, yearly O&M checklists); build Tactics, Techniques and Processes (TTPs) and Standard Operating Processes (SOPs) associated with service checklists
• Monitoring LAN/WAN-related systems to proactively identify performance and operational issues
• Documenting and implementing approved configuration changes
• Managing access control lists and networking equipment
• Performing routine maintenance on network-related components and equipment
AS degree in information systems or computer science and seven (7) plus years of directly related experience or any equivalent combination of education, experience, training and certifications. Progressive relevant training and/or certification may be substituted for a portion of the experience requirement.
4 Years of increasingly complex and progressive experience in implementing, administering, performing testing and analyzing network systems.
Must have experience with current technologies and where required for the task, emerging technologies
Required Certification: Employment is contingent upon keeping required certifications current: CCNA; DOD 8570 IAT Level II or higher
• Work will be performed inside a large facility. Work assignments vary based on client requirements. Position could require some night and weekend work.
• Sitting at desk. Phone use and PC or laptop. Filing required. May require lifting and carrying boxes of supplies or files up to 25 lbs. Extended periods of sitting while on PC/laptop or phone.
Equipment and Machines
• General office equipment, which includes: telephone, fax machine, copier, PC/laptop, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
• Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is mandatory. Shift work is required to support 24x7 operations. It is important to be available to work any shift/designated hours required to include nights, weekends and holidays.
• There is a potential for event driven schedule changes
• On-Call support may be required to provide expert recommendations for trouble-shooting issues
• Continental and Oversees travel may be required. It is important to maintain a current passport.
Other Essential Functions
• Employment is contingent upon obtaining all required certifications within the timeframe specified in a waiver by the government (if applicable) and maintaining required certifications through the duration of the contract. Failure to obtain/maintain required certifications will result in disqualification for this position and could result in termination.
• Candidate must exhibit a professional behavior that promotes teamwork, fosters cooperation, and enhances productivity in the workplace. Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate, prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to work effectively with a variety of government, military and contractor personnel at all levels. Must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization. Grooming and dress usually business casual, but dependent on client’s standards. Must not pose a safety hazard to employees working in the same general area.
• The position for which you are applying for requires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), in order to be granted a clearance you will be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-Illinois-Scott AFB-20315-ISCT
: Oct 14, 2020, 9:27:08 PM
: Information Technology
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Scott AFB 62225
Capabilities: Enterprise IT