Jacobs has an opening for a Network Engineer with an active TS/SCI polygraph to support a client in the Reston, VA area. Duties include:
- Serve as network administrator by providing operating and maintenance support for Cisco StealthWatch system which includes but not limited to system patching, test and evaluate new version of code, and Tier3/4 support for StealthWatch system
- Provide engineering support to enhance/upgrade current StealthWatch system
- Working closely with vendor for future software releases
- Work with stakeholders to define constraints, develop requirements, create system requirement documents, engineering design package, and concept of operation (CONOPS) documentation
- Attend customer Technical Exchange Meetings (TEM) to gather requirements
- Responsible for performing technical evaluations, analysis, and troubleshooting for all supported servers (physical or virtual)
- Collaborate closely with government leads
- Track program level requirements and prioritization
- Create internal and external documents and briefings
- Track team action items from Senior Management office
- Create design package for network engineering review board
- 11 + years of related experience
- IT background and LAN/WAN architecture experience. Position will be responsible for managing multiple projects and will be required to have the following mandatory skill set: MS Project expertise, experience with project management principles, schedule creation, cost estimation, excellent communication skills, implementation plan design, and briefing skills.
- Experience with network and security management software tools, IP routing/switching, LAN/WAN protocols, Cisco routers and switches
- Requires demonstrated leadership skills as evidenced by prior supervisory experience
- Must be able to effectively communicate with others
- Desired certifications: CCNA, CCNP, CISSP or JNCIS
- Bachelors degree or higher highly desired
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-Maryland-Columbia-FNS
: Oct 14, 2020, 9:26:41 PM
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
6717 Alexander Bell Drive
Capabilities: Aerospace Technology and Defense Programs and Facilities