Illumina Laboratory Services is seeking a Program Management Leader to drive strategy and execution across a portfolio of projects and programs within Illumina Clinical Laboratory. Projects are focused on continued advancement of clinical laboratory services offerings within Illumina, from new service introductions to continuous improvement of existing offerings. Candidates will benefit from a strong understanding of clinical laboratory services and lab processes as well as laboratory technologies spanning enterprise systems, laboratory information management systems, equipment automation, and data analytics. Candidates must understand the value of technology in laboratory services to improve process control, workflow enforcement, error proofing, efficiency, scale and compliance. The successful candidate must have experience leading multiple project managers and oversee multiple projects at varying complexity levels in parallel, communicate effectively across different functional groups, and all levels of the organization, and develop and grow an existing small team of junior and senior project managers.
- Develop, define, and manage a comprehensive program portfolio
- Identify, recommend, and implement strong portfolio of program and project management tools.
- Work effectively with stakeholders to ensure program goals are clearly defined and in alignment with business objectives
- Set direction and provide framework through which improvement objectives can be delivered
- Manage teams to deliver plans which include resource needs, scope, budget and success metrics
- Ensure successful execution of program plans
- Track, manage and communicate progress against objectives and plan changes to team and stakeholders
- Define, schedule and lead reviews with governance committee
- Facilitate and champion change across the organization
- Positively influence all levels of management to ensure programs receive necessary support and are sufficiently resourced
- Identify and resolve or escalate program issues, facilitate tradeoff decisions, and remove obstacles
- Continuously analyze and manage program risk
- Proven ability to identify key issues, motivate and empower others to address them in a way which builds morale, generates ownership and commitment.
- Manage cross-functional resources, project timelines and project budgets required to successfully drive projects and initiatives.
- Experience in clinical/ IVD development customer satisfaction programs desirable
- Depth of technical knowledge in biotechnology derived from experience in non-management and middle management roles, specific experience in product development or clinical laboratory roles
- Sound grasp of the key business drivers and considerations in the biotech, pharmaceutical, medical device and /or life science industries
- Demonstrated experience leading multiple complex programs from design to delivery
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills with a proven ability to effectively build relationships and achieve consensus across a wide range of functions and constituents
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated leadership including the ability to identify key issues and to motivate and empower others to address them in a way which builds morale and generates ownership and commitment
- Proven ability to drive operational and cultural change
- Self-starter with superior problem-solving, analytical and organizational skills and a track record for high performance and superior delivery
- Strong quantitative and qualitative skills; detail-oriented with ability to see the big picture and to work effectively at both high and detailed levels
Desired Education and Certifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Life Sciences, Engineering, or related field
- PMP certification strongly preferred
- 10+ years successfully managing cross-functional programs
At Illumina, we strive to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace by cultivating an environment in which everyone contributes to our mission. Built on a strong foundation, Illumina has always been rooted in openness, collaboration, and seeking alternative views and perspectives to propel innovation in genomics. We are proud to confirm a zero-net gap in pay, regardless of gender, ethnicity, or race. We also have several Employee Resource Groups (ERG) that deliver career development experiences, increase cultural awareness, and demonstrate our collective commitment to diversity and inclusion in the communities we live and work. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you require accommodation to complete the application or interview process, please contact email@example.com. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf