Do you love to build and create? Do you thrive on helping marketing, sales and customer care teams learn and develop? Are you a self- starter looking to help implement process and efficiencies?
Illumina is hiring an Associate Director of solution enablement to support our growth and ambition plans. With a presence in the US, EMEA and APAC region, we offer a great opportunity to increase efficiencies and process within our sales, marketing and customer care organization.
- Leadership role in the Solution enablement team responsible for Solution enablement
- Enables internal stakeholders to go to market
- Develop and lead solution enablement strategy that continually improves the consumption rate of content by internal users, but more importantly can be measured by greater product usage because of the training, demo and documentation content available
- Leading our technical documentation team to write in a way that fully documents product features, but also explains things in an easy-to-understand format
- Responsible for aspects of foundational and continuous learning programs for internal stakeholders.
- Foster a "win together" approach to team culture. Celebrate wins. Be a great coach.
Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive list, of the usual duties associated with the position. Changes to individual responsibilities may occur due to business needs.
- At least 10 years of experience in a solution enablement or a training role in a Software sales environment
- Love for coaching and teaching
- Extensive knowledge of enablement technologies, processes, training, and best practices.
- Deep experience in supporting commercial organizations, commercial processes, commercial methodologies, and strategy and can be a trusted advisor to commercial leadership.
- Strong strategic, conceptual, and analytical thinking skills.
- High adaptability and flexibility, including the ability to manage deadline pressure, ambiguity, and change.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Previous experience leading product enablement and customer education for a Software-as-a-Service company
- Proven ability to design and develop blended learning solutions using research-based instructional design methodologies
- Ability to evaluate training programs for learning effectiveness
- Knowledge and familiarity with cutting-edge training tools and techniques
- Experience leading and mentoring learning professionals to design instructionally sound learning content
- Excellent organization, project management, time management, and communication skills
- Strong understanding of business processes and their implementation into enterprise applications
- Ability to work independently and to deliver on detail as well as strategy
- Must have excellent English communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
All listed requirements are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities
- At least 10 years of experience in a solution enablement or a training role in a Software sales environment.
- Requires advanced degree or equivalent in Communication, Science, Engineering or related field .
- 10+ years of experience in managing teams of size 5 – 10.
- Strong understanding of Illumina business processes and their implementation into enterprise applications.
- Requires high level understanding of markets and sales opportunities for the company’s products.
At Illumina, we strive to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace by cultivating an environment in which everyone contributes to our mission. Built on a strong foundation, Illumina has always been rooted in openness, collaboration, and seeking alternative views and perspectives to propel innovation in genomics. We are proud to confirm a zero-net gap in pay, regardless of gender, ethnicity, or race. We also have several Employee Resource Groups (ERG) that deliver career development experiences, increase cultural awareness, and demonstrate our collective commitment to diversity and inclusion in the communities we live and work. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you require accommodation to complete the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf