Description of Duties:
The Technical Content Writer supports the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) on the Integrated Research and Development for Enterprise Solutions (IRES) contract. The candidate will:
- Develop written accomplishments for the organization’s events, hardware, and software systems used for monthly, quarterly, and annual performance inputs.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders to develop persuasive and clear contractor performance assessment responses to document the accomplishments of our high-performing team.
- Consult with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to prepare new or incorporate changes to existing product documentation, processes, procedures, etc.
- Produce summary-level meeting minutes to logically and clearly capture and consolidate decisions, action items, intentions, and concerns.
- Perform content management functions, such as document organization, using a central repository.
- Collaborate with systems and development staff to collect and interpret technical information to create marketable documentation.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend new tools and methods to support documentation improvement.
- Edit IT staff-developed content to create consistent support documentation for proposals and customer briefings.
- Additional duties will include providing backup support for coworkers including administration, metrics collection, and document planning.
The successful candidate will:
- Possess strong skills in documentation development, editing, structure, and logic flow for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Display a strong commitment to a team environment.
- Demonstrate the capacity to work with little supervision.
- Use a self-directed approach to gather and write content, interview SMEs, develop deliverables, and coordinate approvals.
- Operate and multi-task in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication.
This position will be filled at Schriever AFB, Colorado Springs, CO.
This position will be posted for a minimum of 3 days. If a candidate has not been selected at that time, it will continue to be posted until a suitable candidate is selected or the position is closed.
Resumes, in month and year format, must be submitted with application in order to be considered for the position. The selected candidate will be assigned as an employee for Jacobs or one of the following teammate companies: HX5, GCS, ERC, MEIT or Aerodyne.
Must have one of the following combinations of education and experience: HS Diploma (or GED) and 12 years of general experience; Associate’s degree and 10 years of general experience; Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of general experience; Master’s degree and 6 years of general experience.
- Must have at least 6 years of relevant experience directly related to technical writing/editing.
- Must have at least 3 years of experience in management or leadership roles.
- Knowledge of information gathering, planning, and organizing methods and principles.
- Experience designing and developing briefings, process documents, and consolidating engineering and management staff inputs into documentation.
- Proficiency in PC applications to include MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, SharePoint, PowerPoint, and other Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Must have, or be able to obtain, an active DoD Secret Clearance
- Familiar with DoD publications.
- Experience with SharePoint.
- Experience writing Contractor Performance Assessment Reports (CPARs) or performance awards.
- Ability to understand technical documents relating to missile defense.
- Ability to be highly creative, innovative, and provide quick-reaction responses.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-Colorado-Schriever AFB-20348-SHRV
: United States-Colorado-Colorado Springs
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Oct 15, 2020, 7:02:11 PM
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
730 Irwin Ave
Schriever AFB 80912