Description of Duties:
The Event Lead supports the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) on the Integrated Research and Development for Enterprise Solutions (IRES) contract. The candidate will:
- Support the Missile Defense Agency Director for Ground Test (MDA/DTG) government Mission Director and System Mission Manager in all aspects of Missile Defense System (MDS) ground test planning and execution. These all-encompassing test event activities include (but are not limited to):
- Detailed Test Event Planning, MDA Element/Stakeholder Coordination
- Systems Engineering Integration and Test (SEIT)
- Test System Architecture Development
- Element Pre-Test Coordination
- Executive Level Brief Development
- Risk Assessment/Mitigation
- Test Event Execution
- Team Deployment Requirements
- Technical/Performance Assessments
- System Post Flight Reconstruction
- Post Test Lessons Learned compilation
- Have responsibilities that range from coordinating and leading weekly test event planning meetings and technical work involved with diverse network and test architecture configurations, to developing high-level briefings/presentations to senior leaders, Combatant Commander (COCOM) teams, international allies, event visitors, participants, and observers.
- Conduct extensive, all-encompassing, test event planning and execution
- Provide knowledgeable and reliable recommendations to the MD/SMM throughout the test planning and execution period based on extensive knowledge of MDS ground test.
- Develop, update and maintain the Ground Test Event Architecture and Approved Test Configuration (ATC).
- Be responsible for developing or supervising development of the following test documentation:
- Test Master Schedule
- Detailed Test Plan
- Event Cybersecurity Plan (ECsP)
- Event Objectives Worksheet
- Test Procedures
- Final Test Event Report
- Organize and oversee multiple, concurrent team activities featuring dynamic requirements, aggressive schedules, and multiple stakeholder interfaces to resolve test event issues and challenges.
- Identify risks, develop mitigation strategies and coordinate strategy implementation.
- Write, prepare and present briefings, event documentation, reports, analyses and other technical communications as required.
- Lead weekly status meeting on behalf of the MD/SMM; Coordinate with Test Elements for inputs and develop the Weekly Status brief. This requires extensive knowledge of all aspects and issues involved in ground test planning and an ability to verbally address and help resolve those issues and challenges with the various MDA Elements supporting the test.
- Develop all Executive and Senior Leader level briefs for the MD/SMM
- On behalf of the MD and SMM, manage the Configuration Control Board (CCB) process. As necessary, assist test Elements in developing Change Requests and supervise the approval process for requested changes to the test.
- Review all DTG and major ground test related document for technical accuracy on behalf of the MD/SMM
Test Events are typically classified at DoD secret or higher, and involve Hardware-in-the-Loop (HWIL) laboratories and operational MDS assets located at multiple geographic sites worldwide.
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to coordinate and communicate effectively with a broad spectrum of MDA elements and non-MDA stakeholders to integrate capabilities and requirements into increasingly complex test event configurations.
- Be a Self-starter, able to multi-task in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with diverse groups and focus their efforts to achieve a common goal.
- Display excellent interpersonal, written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to perform activities and team coordination that ensure all ground test event requirements and objectives are met.
- Ability to coordinate and oversee multiple concurrent team activities, featuring evolving requirements, aggressive schedules, and dynamic challenges.
- Ability to collaborate effectively and staff key correspondence with a broad spectrum of MDA stakeholder and program elements.
- Ability to travel both domestic and internationally.
This position will be filled at Redstone Arsenal, Huntsville, AL.
This position will be posted for a minimum of 3 days. If a candidate has not been selected at that time, it will continue to be posted until a suitable candidate is selected or the position is closed.
Resumes, in month and year format, must be submitted with application in order to be considered for the position. The selected candidate will be assigned as an employee for Jacobs or one of the following teammate companies: HX5, GCS, ERC, MEIT or Aerodyne.
Must have one of the following combinations of education and experience: HS Diploma (or GED) and 3 years of general experience; Associate’s degree and 1 years of general experience; Bachelor’s degree, or higher, and 0 years of general experience.
- Must have at least 3 years of experience in an engineering field
- Operational experience with the Missile Defense System (MDS).
- Must have an active DoD Secret Security Clearance
- 10 years of relevant experience.
- Previous experience in theater, midcourse, and terminal missile defense, and operational command and control centers is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of strategic and theater missile defense weapon systems, sensor systems, and communications, and the MDS environments
- Operational experience with one or more MDS element systems.
- Knowledge of Missile Defense System (MDS) Elements to include:
- Command, Control, Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC)
- Space-Based Infrared System (SBIRS)
- Land and Sea Based MDS Sensors
- Terminal High Altitude Air Defense (THAAD)
- Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense System
- Ground Based Mid-Course Defense (GMD)
- PATRIOT Advanced Capability-3
- An understanding of missile defense doctrine, concepts of operation (CONOPS), and tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs).
- Ability to obtain a DoD Top Secret clearance.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-Alabama-Redstone Arsenal-20348-RDST
: United States-Alabama-Huntsville
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Oct 15, 2020, 7:40:59 PM
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
5225 Martin Road
Redstone Arsenal 35898