Description of Duties:
The Compliance Services Engineer supports the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) on the Integrated Research and Development for Enterprise Solutions (IRES) contract. The candidate will:
- Be responsible for all facets of a continuous 24/7 Global Network Operations Center, communicate with the MDA GNOSC event team, manage the GNOSC Mission Support Team, Network Operations Center, and execute Network technician duties in direct support of MDA events, exercises and war-games.
- Monitor the MDA Enterprise Network using Solarwinds/MicroFocus NNMi and other provided tools.
- Respond to Remedy Incident Tickets, working with customers to resolve network communication issues.
- Be able to consistently work a second shift in support of GNOSC for Compliance Services which include HBSS, ACAS, and Arcsight services.
- The HBSS support will be responsible for HBSS components, agent modules, approved policies, and will perform troubleshooting of HBSS components and infrastructure.
- The Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) Support will perform standard O&M activities for the ACAS information assurance application for both unclassified and classified networks. Support will cover all components of the ACAS application: Security Center, Nessus, and Passive Vulnerability Scanner (PVS).
- Monitor the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) Support will troubleshoot and maintain all components in the ArcSight Enterprise Log Management (ELM) infrastructure.
- Execute system, and cloud systems monitoring/surveillance, environmental monitoring, incident management and MDA Cybersecurity.
- Support and service maintenance activities to include Change Management coordination during the assigned shift day/time.
- Develop event products, and modify and maintain event baselines prior to and during the event.
- Be responsible for all aspects of IT incident management and escalation, ensuring that incidents are effectively escalated, managed and resolved with full communication of status, plans, and actions provided to executive management and the Government customer.
- Coordinate with the GNOSC Watch Officers, Event Team and other GNOSC MST personnel on IT Incident Management requirements, to ensure proper site, service and application outages and/or degradations are effectively escalated, managed and resolved with full communication of status, plans, and actions by providing senior leadership and the Government customer the latest status through resolution.
- Actively participate in the Mission Execution Team working group meetings.
- Assist the MDA GNOSC Event team by supporting the Mission Execution Team (MET) as part of Flight Test execution, which requires the integration of contractor’s into the MET battle rhythm, leading up to and during the execution of the event tests.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on network transport and service delivery of all MDA/IC delivered capabilities required to support test execution.
- Work with Network Operations Center personnel to develop the "Event Preparedness Checklist" for all MA-1 events. Coordinate with other relevant IRES contract teams to ensure the timeline of implementation and delivery of all other Task Order 8003 work products and requirements are identified in the "Final event work products and activities with RACI" matrix.
- Coordinate the Mission Support Schedule to ensure all CIO assets directly support event requirements and to work in concert with operations personnel, ensuring assets are identified and scheduled.
- Provide post event recommendations, “Lessons Learned” and “Hot Wash” inputs.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Be extremely proficient in all the described Compliance Services tasking’s
- Have multiple service proficiencies or special proficiency in HBSS.
- Coordinate with the GNOSC Manager, GNOSC Event Team Lead, and Watch Officers to meet service levels defined for the IT Services organization.
- Coordinate with Change Management and other key leadership to ensure pre-defined service levels for the IT Services organization are achieved and to also provide insight into the impacts of the event posture.
- Be able to perform as a section trainer and create lesson plans.
- Execute the job roles/responsibilities which includes varying shifts which are adjusted between day and night shifts as required and is located at Schriever AFB, CO.
- Provide guidance and lead troubleshooting in dynamic, time constrained scenarios to matrix staff, including network, systems, and application engineers, in a geographically distributed enterprise.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrate proficiency in developing comprehensive and detailed drawings.
- Follow documented process and procedures and provide feedback to update as necessary.
- Work well in team environment.
This position is primarily second shift with a varying event support schedule
This position will be filled at Schriever AFB, Colorado Springs, CO.
This position will be posted for a minimum of 3 days. If a candidate has not been selected at that time, it will continue to be posted until a suitable candidate is selected or the position is closed.
Resumes, in month and year format, must be submitted with application in order to be considered for the position. The selected candidate will be assigned as an employee for Jacobs or one of the following teammate companies: HX5, GCS, ERC, MEIT or Aerodyne.
Must have one of the following combinations of education and experience: HS Diploma (or GED) and 12 years of general experience; Associate’s degree and 10 years of general experience; Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of general experience; Master’s degree and 6 years of general experience.
- Must have at least 7 years of directly related/specialized experience
- Must have at least 3 years of experience in a management or leadership role
- Knowledge of administration for the ArcSight ESM, ACAS, HBSS, PKI and back end database infrastructure related to upgrades and daily maintenance.
- Must have a current DoD 8570.01 IAT Level II Certification such as CompTIA Security+ CE Certification or higher.
- Must have an active DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Experience in metrics-based IT Operations and Maintenance (O&M) teams
- Experience with Remedy and SNMP monitoring tools (e.g., Micro focus/HPOV)
- Experience, or education, with ITIL framework and ITIL-based processes, to include continual service improvement, change management, and problem investigation
- Previous Cyber-defense or information assurance experience, including experience with DISA mandated security tools to include Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS), Host Based Security System (HBSS), analyze results and create reports
- Knowledge of Cybersecurity principles and how to execute system/network security analysis
- Working knowledge of Tier III Information Assurance practices, IT security governance, security administration, project management, logistics, and Cybersecurity compliance requirements
- Understand Command level Management and be able to speak clearly to diverse cultural audiences, VIPs, and dignitaries.
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance/Quality Control Inspection process
- Experience in a regionally diverse enterprise network
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-Colorado-Schriever AFB-20348-SHRV
: United States-Colorado-Colorado Springs
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Oct 15, 2020, 8:01:56 PM
: Information Technology
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
730 Irwin Ave
Schriever AFB 80912