Summary/General Description of Job:
The incumbent works under the general direction of the Jacobs Corporate Facility Security Officer (CFSO) in all aspects of the Industrial Security Program to include personnel clearances, reporting, and visit access requests. The incumbent is responsible for following the guidelines of the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) in addition to the security policies developed by the Jacobs CFSO. In addition, the incumbent provides direct support to the HR Manager as required.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
Assistant Facility Security Officer
The following summarizes duties which are coordinated with the Corporate Facility Security Officer. These duties include but are not limited to:
- Serves as liaison for Industrial Security related issues at the project site.
- Prepares and coordinates processing of Visit Access Requests (VARs), paperwork or electronic requests for all employees and subcontractor employees requiring access to facilities within the contract. Submittal of requests for various credentials/badges, HVEL tokens, restricted area vehicle passes and other access related requests in accordance with the relative
- NBK Command directives. Sponsoring access in the Badge and Visit Request system (BAVR) required.
- Provides guidance and assistance for entry of SF86 (Secret Clearance) or SF85 (T1 Clearance) and completion of OF306 (Facility Access Determination) in the EQIP system as needed.
- Maintains all security clearance records, access request documents and other Controlled Unclassified Information generated by this office under lock and key.
- Provides investigation assistance and reports security violations and adverse information reports to the Corporate Facility Security Officer. Reports to the customer are coordinated with the Corporate Facility Security Officer. Reports to the Defense Counterintelligence Security Agency (DCSA) will be reported by the Corporate Facility Security Officer only.
- Conducts periodic self-inspections and review of all security processes to ensure compliance.
- Uses the Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS) and Defense Information System for Security (DISS) to start, review and maintain clearances as applicable. Also required for submittal of Visitor Access Requests per the contract and NISPOM.
- Prepares and facilitates Industrial Security and other awareness training for all project site personnel in conjunction with Corporate Facility Security Officer, including in and out briefs and annual refresher briefings.
- Ensures implementation and adherence to all policies, procedures and practices outlined by the contract, customer, Department of Defense (DoD) and NISPOM.
- Provides Contracting Officer reports of personnel granted access for this contract upon request.
The following summarizes duties which are coordinated with the Human Resources Manager. These duties include but are not limited to:
- Provides direct administrative support to the Human Resources Manager.
- Prepares reports, summaries, and replies to inquiries, selecting relevant information from a variety of sources such as reports, documents, correspondence, other offices, etc. with little or no direction. Verifies statistical reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Completes Human Resources forms such as Personnel Action Forms, In-hire forms, Termination forms as applicable.
- Completes tracking of candidates from application receipt, interview ratings through hire, completing in hire documents as required.
- Completes out processing documentation and performs out processing for employees leaving the Company.
- May participate in union contract negotiations as well as investigations and conducting research for resolution of grievances and complaints.
- Has a complete understanding of multiple benefit plans. Answers inquiries from employees regarding plans. Oversees completion of required forms and timely submission of documents to applicable departments.
- Provides guidance to employees regarding company policies, procedures and guidelines, and CBA interpretation.
- Acts in the capacity of the Human Resources Manger during periods of absence.
- Keeps supervisor apprised of unique situations and problems encountered.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Displaying discretion in protecting Jacobs propriety information and controlled unclassified information.
- Prioritization and completion of assigned projects in a timely and efficient manner.
- Proofreading documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Excellent communication skills in the English language in order to provide clear and precise instruction, both written and verbal.
- Being analytical, detail-oriented, flexible, and decisive
- Working independently, with minimal supervision.
- Ability to deal with people in a professional and courteous manner.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience, Professional Associations):
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the Industrial Security Program, processing employees for personnel security clearances, and using the US Government program Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS) and/or Defense Information System for Security (DISS).
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ general office experience.
- Complete mandated courses required by the Corporate Facility Security Officer/NISPOM as directed within an established timeline.
- Ability to successfully complete DCSA security training (independent study correspondence courses) to obtain Certificates required to access JPAS/DISS as applicable within established timeline.
- Skilled in the use of MS Word, Excel and Access at the intermediate or higher level.
- At time of hire, a current Interim Security clearance issued by the Office of Personnel Management or a previous personnel security clearance at the same level that can be reinstated.
- Ability to successfully pass any background checks and drug testing as required on the contract.
- U.S. Citizenship
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
- Experience with the Base Authorization and Visit Request (BAVR) system.
- Familiarity with Government regulations for access control.
- Experience in writing correspondence, technical text, procedures and processes, and editing text prepared by others. Must possess excellent grammar and writing skills.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in a Federal Government contracting environment.
: United States-Washington-Silverdale-20353-BGR
: Oct 17, 2020, 12:04:05 AM
: Operations & Maintenance
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
T-075 Skate Street
Capabilities: Aerospace Technology and Defense Programs and Facilities