The work is in support of Jacobs Technology’s on-site, Research Laboratory Support contract based at the USEPA in Research Triangle Park, NC. We are seeking a dynamic individual to provide research support to the Center for Environmental Solutions and Emergency Response. This position will be responsible for lab work, and data processing.
Duties may include:
- Analyzing a high throughput of microbiological samples from different types of media
- Writing SOPs, Project Work Plans, and QA documents
- Chemical Inventory and Proper Disposal of Lab Waste
- Sample Tracking
- Chain of Custody reviews
- Troubleshooting issues
- General lab chores, making agar plates, and autoclaving
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
- BS in Microbiology, Biology, or Biochemistry
- 1-2 years of experience working in a microbiology laboratory
- Must have experience with basic microbiological protocols such as aseptic technique, serial dilutions, and accurate pipetting
- Experience with protocols for propagating viruses such as MS2 and Phi6 is a plus
- Experience with qPCR and other molecular protocols is a plus
- Strong attention to detail, ability to follow written and verbal instructions, and willingness to work in a fast-paced, team environment are all required
- Able to clearly communicate findings both orally and in writing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Platform, experience with SigmaPlot
- Must be proactive, and demonstrate a mature, positive attitude.
: United States-North Carolina-RTP-20353-RLS
: Oct 21, 2020, 7:08:58 PM
: Scientific Research & Testing
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
109 T.W. Alexander Drive
Capabilities: Aerospace Technology and Defense Programs and Facilities