At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for an experienced Legislative Counsel to join our fast-growing and fast-paced team! This stellar individual will be directly involved in shaping the legal and regulatory framework for the evolving ridesharing industry as a pivotal part of our Public Policy team. Come join the exciting ride!
- Review, evaluate, edit and draft federal, state and local legislation
- Assist in identifying legislative trends and developing strategies and policy language to further Lyft’s interests
- Identify, track, and advise on introduced and proposed legislation
- Collaborate with Lyft’s Public Policy team members on market-speciﬁc legislative eﬀorts
- Coordinate with Lyft’s compliance, legal, and operations teams as new regulatory frameworks are implemented
- Law degree required or relevant work experience
- 4+ years of experience with legislative drafting for state and/or federal matters
- Exceptional ability to critically analyze policy issues
- Excellent written communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, demanding (and sometimes unstructured) environment Self-starter; intrinsically motivated
- Experience with labor and employment law a plus but not required
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.