At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft connects people to transportation to change the way we live and get around our communities. Lyft’s Bikes & Scooters team is growing rapidly, and we are looking for an amazing Materials Planning professional to help us scale. Come be part of a new team at Lyft focused on enabling and empowering a whole new business to deliver at scale.
This exciting role will be focused on hardware solutions to meet our riders last mile needs on Bikes & Scooters.
- Material demand planning, inventory control and logistics readiness from vendors to OEMs
- Build models to forecast spare parts consumption and determine stocking policy
- Submit purchase requisitions, track POs, submit goods receipts and process procurement invoices
- Lead material planning efforts for late-stage engineering builds and mass production
- Manage communication with vendors and contracted manufacturing partners closely to drive and track materials and shipments, troubleshooting any issues that may arise
- Communicate information on part availability and schedule risks to internal stakeholders and manage expectations for build readiness
- Strategize optimal transport modes and frequency of shipments with a focus on costs and delivery times in liaison with internal stakeholders, suppliers and logistics providers
- Participate in weekly S&OP meetings and use outputs to reposition inventory levels where required
- Analyze project costs to support quarterly budget KPI’s. Build bottoms-up annual budgets for procurement operations
- Traveling internationally to support engineering and production builds
- BS/BA degree, or 3+ years of industry experience
- Experience working with SQL and RDBMS
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; able to work in a large cross- functional team environment
- Experience with planning in a supply chain organization
- Knowledge and interest in building ERP and MRP system features
- Meticulous attention to detail; flexible with the ability to react to changes in a time-sensitive environment
- Ability to work on multiple projects at a time
- Able and willing to travel internationally
- Prior experience working with overseas vendors
- Positive customer-first attitude
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.