Jacobs is looking for a Senior Security Engineer to provide Onsite support in Woodlawn, MD.
A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate their ability to perform effectively in the following areas:
• Establishing networking solutions by providing support in the areas of
network design, engineering, and implementation of network systems with
high reliability and availability.
• Developing network architectures to support customer enterprise
environments as well as development lab environments.
• Analyzing network security capacity needs for infrastructure. Conduct
network and security architecture design, feasibility, and cost studies.
• Maximizing network performance by monitoring performance;
troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades;
collaborating with others on network optimization.
• Researching, evaluating, testing, recommending, communicating and
implementing new technologies, security software, or devices.
• Providing networking subject matter expertise to other teams and
• Maintaining technical documents for solutions and standard operating
procedures such that services are delivered in an efficient and effective
• Industry watching to ensure the Client is aware and educated on emerging
• Participating actively in engineering and architecture solution peer reviews
and solution design sessions.
• Working independently and exercises reasonable judgment with little
supervision while providing clear documentation of activities and
• Interacting closely with peers and management across all functional teams.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related technical field or
equivalent experience plus 5-7 years’ experience in network engineering,
server engineering or security engineering.
• A strong baseline in networking and OS fundamentals
• Knowledge of Cisco, Juniper, Checkpoint, routers, switches, firewalls,
Controllers, Load balancers, Content filters
• Knowledge of IP security implementation, multi-vendor IPS/IDS (bro,
Surcicata, SNORT), URL filtering, SIEM
• Knowledge of MPLS, BGP & Internet Exchange Peering
• Knowledge of Network Management
• IP Network Design & troubleshooting skills
• Understanding of authentication, security, and network management
• Experience designing and deploying network solutions in enterprises
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience in deploying monitoring solutions
• Experience in medium/large corporate network support
• Knowledge of Windows & Linux OS.
• Knowledge of Splunk architecture.
• Strong understanding of Splunk SPL and visualizations.
• Hands-on experience with the implementation and deployment of
Forescout CounterACT, BigFix, McAfee ePO, Tenable Security Center,
Splunk, Netsparker, Windows Server administration, UNIX/LINUX
administration, networking, and vulnerability management. For each, the
successful candidate will have an understanding of what the tools are, why
someone would use them, and a concept of how they can be made to work
together to improve enterprise security.
• Experience designing/ architecting IT solutions that include databases,
• Strong understanding of DHS CDM program requirements, phases, and
scope for each phase, and the program’s relationship with HHS
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
Primary Location: United States-Maryland-Woodlawn-20364-WDM2
Job Posting: Oct 21, 2020, 9:39:14 PM
Job: Information Technology
Job Type: Experienced
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Capabilities: Cyber Security